Menu

I had the best time tonight!

Posted (edited)

Ever since my children have reached the age of about 16 we have always went out to dinner as a family for their birthdays. Usually it is a nicer restaurant. Well one of my dd just had her birthday and she decided on something a little different this year. A city very near us (the next one over) has a section of town where they have built kind of a small self contained community with condos, apartments and townhouses with businesses on the first floor and the housing on the higher floors. A lot of those businesses are wine bars, pubs, restaurants, dessert places and stores. Then there is a lot of green spaces with seats, fountains, firepits. So we basically did a pub crawl starting at a wine bar and ending at a sports bar that had trivia night. We ordered two of each appetizer of which there was like seven and that was our dinner. And then right outside the door was the cities best ice cream shop and a few of us stopped there for dessert. All of this in the space of about our plot of land so maybe 3/4 an acre. I was having a good night so I was able to walk to these places easily. We all enjoyed ourselves so much that we have decided that we are definitely going to do this again. They are also planning on building a development like this in our town soon so that will be a new adventure. One of the great things about having grown children is that they keep you young.

Edited by KidsHappen
  • Like 33

• KidsHappen changed the title to I had the best time tonight!

So fun!! Our favorite place for little mini vacations is walla walla and they have a historic hotel with a similar setup all around the bottom are wine tasting rooms, a couple of restaurants and other small little treat places its great to just relax walk around and try a bit of everything

• Like 1