Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together, 5.7.24

Posted (edited)

Today is our son's birthday. For breakfast, he asked for waffles with Nutella and Biscoff with strawberries and bananas. It was his usual request while growing up. He had waffles with Nutella at Disneyworld, and it stuck. 

Dh is off to work with his breakfast and lunch. 

I've had my shower and need to get ready. I'll have coffee and do my Bible study soon. 

I have 3 Zoom sessions and 1 in-person student. 

Carrying over some of the list from the weekend:

Home/Personal:

• look ahead and summer expenses without my usual income 
  • get graduation cards and money for them

School:

• create practice final and actual final for Algebra 2
  • prepare the last lesson, review, and final quiz in Algebra 1 
  • grade Algebra 1 and Pre-Algebra  final projects (come in by tonight)
  • prepare the last quiz for Pre-Algebra
  • prepare the final test for one private student's government course
  • work on that student's final grades and transcript
  • prepare the last couple of weeks' assignment for a student 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning! 

I basically half-slept/half-watched TV from the time I got home yesterday till I finally went to bed at 9:30, which meant I stayed awake at 4:30 when I got up to use the restroom. :yawn:  So, much coffee. 

My list today:

....much coffee (see above)
....make sure I have things all ready for tomorrow
, including the "I can pack that in the morning...." stuff, b/c no, I'll forget
...REST
....take DS to get his head measured for a hat (my dad brought him a beautiful Stetson for his grad gift, but I measured poorly so it was too small; Dad's exchanging it, assuming I can get his head  measured and send the correct hat size)
....REST 

...pack the fencing bag for fencing tonight     Not going, so not doing this
...make sure DH is doing dinner
...tutor this afternoon

--- not going to fencing after all ---
...come home, veg out

Probably there will also be laundry-folding in there, make sure DS studies for his music final, and figure out a Zelle issue (someone sent me a payment thru Zelle, to an email that is not on our account, and we are having a heck of a time getting Zelle to add the email as a payment-receiving-email). 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Oooh, my kids would like waffles with nutella! We buy the Justin’s brand chocolate hazelnut spread bc it is less sugary. Happy Birthday to your Ds, Amy!!

Waiting to see if a sub job turns up for today. They offered one on the other side of town, but I told them at my interview (several weeks ago) that I’m not doing that drive, so I turned it down. Need my side of town. 

Packed a lunch for Ds. 

About to make coffee. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday to your son, @mom31257!  And I'm jealous of his breakfast.  I love Nutella and can't eat it comfortably, but I envy those that can.

Today is a slow day:

• coffee
  • 10,000 steps
  • take bags to the thrift store
  • stop by the sporting goods store
  • check in with ds's old leader.  I dropped my notes on him and I think he was a bit alarmed by what was in them about ds, so I want to reassure him.
  • study
  • pick up ds from school
  • dinner: undecided.  Maybe a simple pasta ragu, bread, salad
  • committee meeting/drop ds at his evening activities
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning

Today is my birthday 🎂 so I am going to chill out some today

Bake lemon drizzle cake have with fresh berries and whipped cream. My favorite cake growing up was white cake with lemon curd between layers and sticky/7 minute frosting. If I couldn’t get that then lemon meringue pie.

weather is rainy all day so will only be out for short periods with pup

clear out email 

Play board games and or ps5 games with both ds.

Watch more unfrosted

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

No call for a sub job, so on with my regular day. Glad to have a catch-up day!

Air out football stuff ✔️ 
Cookies to school for teachers ✔️ 
YNAB!
Grocery ✔️ 
Call mom 

CSA pick up! ✔️ 

Call PT and see if tomorrow’s appt can be shifted by 15-30 mins

AHG things ✔️ 
Boy from school to practice ✔️ 

Library? Not today 
Read!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

The cicadas are whirring, even early in the day and in late spring. It’s gonna be a loud summer here! 

It is supposed to be really bad here too as we are getting 2 different kinds of cicadas this summer.  Maybe it will drown out my neighbors bumping stero?!

• Like 3

The cicada noise is constant here. We have a lot of leftover skins hanging on the house and plants. 

A cousin shared a Facebook post saying she is joining the cicadas and screaming for the next six weeks. I thought that was funny!

2 Zoom sessions are done. 

Ds isn't awake yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tried to sort the Zelle thing - read the small print which says once you add a new contact info to your bank, it won't be available to add as a send/receive thing for 15 days -- which is longer than the "we'll hold this money in limbo for 14 days" even assuming you immediately jump on that email, add it that same day, etc.  So, emailed the mom that sent the payment, explained, and hopefully she'll resend to the right number later on. 

Also, went back to bed for another 2 hours. 

Working on stuff for tomorrow, then probably another nap, then I'll take DS to get his head measured. 

• Like 3

8000 steps done, and I got a nice intentional walk in this morning.

Bags went to the thrift store. Yay!  I may have also purchased 2 books there, so I still took out more than I brought in.

The sports store was a mess.  And they didn't have what I was looking for anyway.

I got in a bit of yard work and have a kid coming over in a bit for tutoring.  I'll try and get more done after and before I take ds on the rounds.

• Like 4

Got stuff ready for tomorrow - still a bit more to do there, but mostly done.  (done: figuring out the  "oh, right, we have 2 hrs of academics before the  party" stuff; left to do: pack the party stuff). 

Took DS for his hat fitting and sent that off to my dad. 

Rested/napped

Confirmed with DH that he is cooking dinner, took meat out to thaw for him/for dinner

Checked with Middle about their final.  They said they should have plenty of time, and would "work on it this evening" (they were busy talking to their gf online). Umm. NO. It is finals time, we plan to go away for 2 days (thurs/fri) before Oldest leaves for working summer camp on Monday; Finals and family this weekend, GF can get in line and wait (or at least work on the final, *then* talk to her) until the summer.  I (not so) calmly reminded him that *waiting to work on the final until after dinner* was not acceptable. :sigh: 

Grabbing a snack, will pack up some of the school stuff, and then go tutor. 

• Like 2

DH is stuck at work late (his Italian boss is in town), so dinner is now pizza, which DH ordered for delivery (should arrive soon), and we will skip fencing. This is good, b/c I did not finish prepping for tomorrow, and the house is a mess. Now I can clean up/tidy up before DH gets home, and prep leisurely this evening. Whew! 

• Like 3

dishwasher unloaded, clutter tidied up, bags packed & ready for tomorrow, pizza arrived, kids & myself fed, and DH when he ever does get home will have nothing to do but sit and relax. Whew! 

Middle is working on his final, DS is studying his music final stuff, Oldest has time off until a meeting with his professor (over zoom) to present his final portfolio for his last/capstone class, so that's all good as well -- and rare, all 3 being productive at the same time? wow. 

Time to relax. 

• Like 2