Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together, 4.23.24

mom31257

Hmmm. Considering my week and trying to figure out where to fit things in. Today will be mostly an admin and planning day. Hopefully some resting too, as I am still fighting a cold.

May call the doc and ask for antibx, in case this sinus crud doesn’t clear up by the weekend? ✔️ Not sure they will do this without an office visit. 

Call insurance to report last night’s accident ✔️ and get Ds added to our policy. 

AHG things - lots!

Set up my new tent!

New job admin stuff. I hope to start at the end of next week. Only a few weeks left in the school year, but getting my feet wet will be good and the money will help get Ds a car.

Remind Ds to check his work schedule and put in time off requests for the summer. And to put his laundry away. He has only 1/2 day today bc of exams. ✔️ 

Might get Dh to go to Costco for coffee? Ordering filters from Amazon. 

Dinner is shepherd’s pie and a green salad. ✔️ 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Adding my calming thoughts, @mom31257

Will have to catch up about the accident, @ScoutTN; sounds like it wasn't terrible? I hope the insurance stuff all goes smoothly.  And the cold leaves soon!

My day today....still sorting it out. The only firm thing is to help DS with school as needed, and go tutor this afternoon unless the mom cancels. The rest should look like this:
...coffee
...make sure things are set for tomorrow's class

...decide plans for the class party, email parents about it
...update my registration records and such
....declutter electronic stuff (old files that I no longer need, etc.)

....fold and put away laundry
....check w/DH as to who is cooking dinner, plan as needed
....figure out where to hang things (and hang them??)
....tidy up the living room
....help DS with school as needed (mainly, chat w/him about his assignment due on Thurs, make sure he gets a start on it)
....trial the letters for the title of the quilt, see if they'll be good in the empty space or too crowded, iron them on if they're good there
....clean up the sewing room so I can move onto the next step
....at some point, probably take a nap
....go tutor this afternoon
....come home, eat dinner,
veg out

Some of that may flex to a different day, we shall see....

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I hope the dental work goes well, @mom31257!

We are finally done with vacation. 

• pack up the hotel room
  • head to the airport
  • fly home
  • find our car
  • grab dinner from the grocery store on the way.  (Ours makes a huge pizza for $7)  Plus we need milk, maybe.  It's not often used unless oldest ds is home and he has another short trip.
  • unpack the necessities
  • make the beds
  • shower
  • make sure ds charges his chromebook and is set up for school tomorrow.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Feed baby
  • pump milk
  • wash pump
  • feed toddler
  • make boys eat, dress, brush teeth
  • dress baby and toddler, brush his teeth
  • hopefully fit in a bit of homeschooling
  • fold a load of laundry
  • make dinner
  • feed baby
  • Get lunch stuff together for boys to eat in car
  • pack lunch, diaper bag, tablet, toddler leash, milk pump and little cooler with ice pack, and double stroller in car, plus cello and judo gear in case we run late or get stuck in traffic
  • apply lidocaine cream to ds’s arms 
  • drive to city
  • lab draws for ds
  • appointment with ds’s oncologist, hopefully good news
  • drop off stuff at kid store (skip this if appointment ran late)
  • feed baby
  • pump milk in car
  • drive back
  • either take kids home, leave toddler with dd and grab dinner for boys to eat in car, and head to cello, OR go straight to cello and then get drive-through during the lesson for the boys, OR (if traffic is really, really bad) call to cancel cello, get drive through, and go straight to
  • drop boys off at judo
  • Pay for end of year award dinner
  • go home
  • feed baby
  • pick up boys from judo
  • make kids do evening chores & get ready for bed
  • feed baby
  • put toddler to sleep (unless he slept in the car late, in which case he will be up half the night)
  • pump milk
  • family video call before my mom’s surgery tomorrow
Edited by Condessa
  • Like 4

Requested antibx from my doc.
Started dinner.
Placed a grocery order.
Unloaded the dishwasher.

Printed the form for Ds’ sports physical. His school is providing the exams for free in early May. Hooray for free and no extra trip for me!

• Like 3

Went to the grocery store - got everything for dinner, and the stuff we'd normally get tomorrow, b/c DS is skipping church again, which throws off our grocery schedule

Checked the stuff for school tomorrow - which I should have done before I went, b/c I need star stickers -- will check my stash here, hopefully I have some

put away groceries and have a plan for dinner (potato soup in the crockpot)

touched base w/DS about school, will check in again after I lunch/nap

next up - lunch, fold clothes, take a nap

• Like 3

Dropped Ds at football.
Picked up groceries

Insurance seems to be working on my claim. 

Punting new job stuff til tomorrow morning. Too tired. Gonna rest/read/nap for a while. 

Can’t find my binoculars. ☹️

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

took a longer nap than I meant to

got DS going on the psychology stuff 

have dinner going -- b/c of the too long nap, too late to crockpot it, so cooked the sausage, cooking the potatoes, and then will move to crockpot on low to simmer/mix the flavors and such

got the letters figured out 

not much else, b/c, too long of a nap

• Like 3

home from tutoring - the girls were falling asleep today. Sigh.  I need to talk to the parents about May & beyond, but they are rarely actually around....

everyone is home today, so we're going to watch Dune 2 via streaming (rentable for $20) tonight, starting it shortly so it's over in time for me to go to bed on time. 

I tidied the living room after dinner, so that's off the list. 

• Like 3

Dinner was good! 

Texted with Dd about taking her a humidifier later this week. 

I got way less done today than I hoped, but it was a nice day. Tomorrow, I will have to squeeze in some of that work between my regular Wednesday things. 

Done for the day. Jammies and a book. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

@HomeAgain How was Disney?

Exhausting. 🤣

No, really, it was good.  A lot of sweet moments.  We are now home.  Dinner is in the oven.  We're unpacked (mostly), picked up the mail, and are getting ourselves ready to go back to the grind tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Exhausting. 🤣

No, really, it was good.  A lot of sweet moments.  We are now home.  Dinner is in the oven.  We're unpacked (mostly), picked up the mail, and are getting ourselves ready to go back to the grind tomorrow.

Glad you had fun!

• Like 2

@ScoutTN, I'm sorry about the accident but especially for all the insurance hoops to jump through. 

@HomeAgain, I'm glad you made some great memories!  I love mine from there for sure!

@Condessa, so glad you joined us today! You are busy! 

The crown went okay. I was very tense and my body was pretty sore all morning and early afternoon. I still feel like I have neck tension. One of the hardest things was holding my mouth closed for the mold. It was claustrophobic feeling. The first time she didn't tell me how long it had to be in, so it was freaking me out a bit. She warned me of the other times, so I got my phone out and played games to distract myself. I go back in about 4 weeks for the permanent one. My gum and lip is a bit irritated in the area of it. 

I had a lot of individual students today and this afternoon. 

I am still grading the homework due tonight. One class isn't doing well with a quiz, so I want to redo the lesson for tomorrow and proceed differently. I'm going to be up late. 

• Sad 4