Menu

Tackling Saturday Together, 3.30.24

mom31257

I thought the light project would take part of today, but he was able to finish last night. Pictures are in yesterday's thread if you want to see them. 

We leave on our trip tomorrow, so today is working to be ready to go. 

• laundry (1 load is going and more to go)
  • school work (at least the grading, possibly some lesson plans for after break)
  • meals
  • some errands out
  • attend late afternoon Easter service at church
  • pack
  • tidy house
  • watch something and relax

• Like 4

Good morning!

Quiet day here. Some housekeeping and cooking, and maybe a bit of last minute Easter basket shopping.

Need to figure out who is bringing my mom to church and who is saving seats for tomorrow morning. 

Might start going through my spring and summer clothes today. I definitely need to do some shopping this year. 

Dd has some schoolwork to do and Ds works in the late afternoon and early evening. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Last night's potluck went surprisingly well.  There was plenty of food left over, since the kids all made do with gatorade, chips, and brownies, wiping the table clean of them.

Today:

laundry

wash dishes

wrap coaches' gifts (picture books of all the kids this year)

pack the car up w/Prime, coaches' gifts, hockey bag/sticks/etc, extra Box O' Crap, and first aid kit.

make a late lunch of chili (option of chips or tater tots)

ds's game

Forced Family Fun Time?  Maybe.  It depends what time we get home.

• Like 3

Howdie, happy Saturday!

I am still working on a pile of work that "should have been done sooner.  But the pile is enough smaller that I don't feel overwhelmed at the moment.

I still need to send a birthday card for my niece who turned 13 last Sunday.  I guess we should also do something about Easter.  (That snuck up on me!)

I have one load of laundry to do (mine) and I am planning to leave the girls' laundry to the girls.  I might do a load of dog laundry if I'm feeling it.

I need to decide what I'm doing tomorrow (other than work).  Church?  Visit the folks?

• Like 3

Good Afternoon

eggs are boiling

I think I will make a quiche tomorrow. Remembered pound cakes use a lot of eggs and freeze good so I’ll be making a couple of them.

carrot cake in the oven 

morning dog walk done

set up Easter baskets

afternoon dog walk and snow play

watch movie maybe Easter parade, or Charlie Brown easter beagle or hop 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@HomeAgain Congratulations to your Ds! 🏒🏒🏒

Hey! I didn't know there were little hockey emojis! 😀

They played fast and fierce today, given it was a rematch of a particularly awful game a few weeks ago.  Home turf, and they made them play their style.  I was very proud of them, but it was also so tense that I am exhausted from the hour of sitting on the edge of my seat.  A still undefeated, magical season for them that will never be repeated in their lives.

Oh, and the kid mine beat the stuffing out of during practice?  Coach had a bit of candidness last night and remarked that the kid had it coming, and he's not sad it was ds that finally broke character to do it.  But - it does seem to have changed something.  The kid is being VERY nice to ds and trying to be friends, so maybe it's just a language I don't fully understand.  Boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dinner was good! Kitchen is tidy.

Dd showed me her course planning stuff and that was helpful. I like to understand how it all works. 

Picked up Ds.

Negotiated with kids about tickets to a 21 Pilots concert in the fall. 

Gonna watch a movie with Dd.

• Like 2