Menu

Tackling Tuesday Together, 3.5.24

mom31257

Posted (edited)

Good morning! 

Dh is off to school with his food for the day. He works tonight.

• Bible study
  • 2 Zoom sessions
  • work on the list of physics chapters we'll cover and experiments to do
  • school prep for tomorrow
  • laundry
  • food for me
  • dinner out with a friend
  • finish grading/emailing
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!  Good luck to any and all taking the National Latin Exam this week!

• take ds to school
  • print out materials for tonight
  • clean out my car
  • violin
  • 10,000 steps
  • get ds started on his homework
  • pack up the car
  • first dinner: guac burgers
  • grab an extra kid
  • round of activities
  • second dinner?  Possibly the McD's that is nearby since last night was a bust
  • finish activities
  • collapse
  • Like 4

Happy Tuesday!

I feel similar to yesterday morning, except I may have gotten more sleep overnight.  Or not.  I set my alarm to ring at 3am and at 6am, and I hit the snooze a bunch of times before finally getting out of bed at 6:30.  However, I know that I dreamed a lot.  I dreamed that I was getting ready to bring a foster-to-adopt child or sibling group into my home.  Something I'd love to be able to do, but I don't think I could really swing it.

I got a fair amount of work done yesterday, but still have a bunch due today.  No conference calls on the calendar, though, so hopefully I can just plug along peacefully.

Not much else happening today.  I hope the dog doesn't bark all day like he did yesterday.  (Nice weather => neighbors out walking, which offends my dog.)

• Like 5

Good morning all!

The weekend tournament was great -- DH won 2nd place (yay!), and I came in where I hoped to (3rd from bottom, LOL!) (but with the other competitors, that's honestly exactly what I was hoping for). 

Yesterday was a good day at school, and my mom is doing okay. She ended up needing a procedure, which was yesterday and went well; she may or may not have something else done today (it was scheduled, but then they did other things yesterday, so it may be postponed...). She's talking to my sister, who is talking to me. 

So, today:
....coffee
....prep for PreK kiddo

....get DS going on his Psych assignment
....go do the PreK stuff

....stop and gas up, pick up Rx for Middle -- he has what we all had, which turns out to have been Covid. Ooops.  (I tested negative; DH wasn't tested when he went to the doctor; DS had it mildly but we didn't take him in since it was "the same thing we had, which was nothing", but Middle who never had it before is getting hit kind of hard.....)
....come home, go vote?? 
....make sure I have all the things for tutoring this afternoon
....make sure DS is doing good/working on his assignment

....fold & put away laundry
.....DH has dinner tonight
.....go tutor the afternoon kids

....come home, eat, veg out and such
....*remember to pack file folders into the bag for tomorrow for the craft thing for 2nd grade

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 3

Good morning! I slept late and am enjoying my coffee. Slight drizzle outside today, but warm.

Publix ✔️ 
Bible study at church ✔️ 
Shop for jeans ✔️ 
Meal planning ✔️ 
YNAB
Grocery! ✔️ 
Send work email
Check Ds’ grades ✔️ 
Ds to and/or from practice? ✔️ 
Read! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

I went to one store and tried on for cut and size. Then went home and bought what I needed on Ebay for $17! 

I hope you get what you expect.  When I've tried to buy "identical" clothes for my girls pn ebay, I ended up with something "similar," but in a tiny size.  I suspect an Asian knockoff where they think the average "small woman" weighs 80 lbs.  😛

Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

Just now, SKL said:

I hope you get what you expect.  When I've tried to buy "identical" clothes for my girls pn ebay, I ended up with something "similar," but in a tiny size.  I suspect an Asian knockoff where they think the average "small woman" weighs 80 lbs.  😛

Yeah, I am careful about Ebay sellers. For jeans, I usually choose ones that show the clothing with a tape measure, so I can see the actual size. This is helpful when comparing cuts too. 

• Like 3

Well ... I guess I lied about not having any conference calls.  I had at least 2 of them, plus an unexpected text exchange.  But I survived!

I finished one of my biggest clients' audit packages.  It shouldn't have taken this long, but at least it's done.  Now, for other clients' audit packages, I have 2 more quick packages, 3 more involved ones, and 1 that is hopefully done but waiting on feedback.

I hope to finish the remaining Q1 invoicing today ... I think all the invoices are done, I just need to email them to with instructions to the right people.

I have numerous other to-do's, but if I can get the above off my mind, it will clear some mental space for the rest.

Hope to walk the dog later.  I think I've been on a streak for 2.5 weeks ... maybe longer.

• Like 4

Went & tutored - that went well

Home, had dinner - dh made porkchop sandwiches

Voted - no line, place is 2 miles from our house, door to door in about 20 mins total (we had a lot of propositions on the list)

Now going to veg out with the family

• Like 2

New recipe was fine, but not amazing. 

Remembered that I’m to take food for a teacher-appreciation lunch tomorrow. Surveyed the sign up genius and my available items. I’ll be making a quick grocery run tomorrow early. Making baked ham n cheese sliders. Easy and fast. I’d signed up for chx wings, but several other people did too (after me) and I think there should be more variety.

Thought about tomorrow’s lunch for Ds. Game day = double bc they don’t play til 6:00 and he eats lunch at 11:30. 

Tomorrow will be busy! Glad I am not on to teach 4th and 5th graders tomorrow night bc no prep time. Crowd control I can do. 

• Like 3

Dinner out with my friend was nice! 

The only work I did on physics was pull out all the paper work I had and what was in ds's high school box from when he took the class. I organized the paperwork by chapter and looked at the lab information that was there. That co-op didn't meet weekly, and we only did labs once a quarter. This co-op will want more but not necessarily weekly. 

I've been grading and emailing a lot this evening. 

I talked to my sister. She is very upset with her former mother-in-law. Her husband's birthday would have been this week, and the MIL kept texting my sister pictures of the grave with the flowers she put on it. My sister has asked her not to send her pictures of it, but she keeps doing it. This week will also be a year since FIL died, so that isn't helping MIL and why my sister isn't really addressing the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1