Menu

Anyone Tackling Saturday? 1.27.24

mom31257

I'm headed out to breakfast with a friend. We are going to discuss the Arts Council board and see if she might want to join. 

Then I have a training meeting with the board for all of us to learn the new website. 

Back home, dh and I will play Wingspan since I have it set up.

Not sure what else the day will hold besides schoolwork to prep for next week. 

• Like 6

Good morning! Lots to do, just hope I don't run out of motivation.

coffee-done

cook- extra for  the freezer

laundry-done

clean the bathrooms-done

Bible and prayer

call my parents-done

talk to DS some time this weekend

contact my sister-done

take my sago palm back outside-brought it during the polar blast-done

water plants

a little school work

read

pay a bill-ready to mail

write the church check

banking-done

send a message to a parent-done

clean a wall-done

clean off the back porch

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I took Ds to work early and tried to go back to sleep. Just as I was relaxing my phone starts pinging with texts. Today is busy, apparently, and other people were tackling early! I ran a quick errand and am making b’fast and coffee now.

Shower ✔️ 
Work on Valentine project ✔️ 
Call mom ✔️ 
AHG ceremony ✔️ 
Housekeeping ✔️ 
Electronic chores 
Dinner out

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

I took skates for sharpening and to pick up a few things.  I remarked that I was having trouble finding a shower product line ds really likes.  The store knows us well, and the player behind the counter gave me a few leads, then told me to come back if I didn't find the specific ones I wanted and they'd place an order.  I didn't find it, and I may go back.  I did find a bar that ds is going to try in the meantime.

Up next:

Finish watching Return To Oz with ds, in all its creepy glory.

Lunch: chicken, biscuits, green beans, mac & cheese

Pack up the car to go to the dump

Take ds to his game

Dinner: hot dogs

• Like 4

Breakfast was good, and my friend wants to join the board. 

The training went well, too. 

Another friend's birthday is today. She has already celebrated with her family, so she and I are going out to dinner. 

We snacked for lunch, and I made some cookies from dough that was expiring. 

I did some grading and emailing. 

We played Wingspan, and I won by 17 points! 

• Like 3

Dh didn't feel like going to the dump today so that was scratched from the list.

DS's game was phenomenal.  They were up 7:0 when the mercy rule was invoked, where the scoreboard is adjusted so that it only ever shows a 5 point spread.  This was a new thing for many of his team.  We explained it to the parents and they told us it was something they had never encountered, having had pretty awful years for a while.  The kids sensed the skill division and adjusted themselves: high scorers pushing the puck back to kids who don't usually get a chance, kids swapping positions..The final score ended up being pretty dark at 10:1, but it was a one off for the team they played (who usually win their games) and it was a great experience for a lot of the kids on ds's team (who got to grow their skill set). 

DS is having ice cream for dinner for pulling of a personal skill hat trick: goal, assist, and getting in to scrimmage the puck.  I'll eat later.

• Like 2

Woohoo for the hockey player! 

The ceremony was very nice and reasonably well attended. I was honored to get to participate and enjoyed visiting with friends who have aged out or moved on or moved away, at the reception. Rain on the long drive home was unbelievable; so much water on the road! Scary. Hydroplaned multiple times. 

Did a tiny bit of housekeeping. Tired. Gonna rest for a bit before we go out to eat. I snacked at the reception and am not super hungry. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi guys, happy Saturday!

I've been incredibly lazy today!  Slept in after a late night (we watched Gaslight - an old movie I've been wanting to see).  And then I napped even more.  It's crazy but wonderful.  😛

Done:

• Slept until I couldn't sleep any more.  Yay!
  • Put in a load of laundry, washed some dishes, ate food my kid cooked.  Yum!
  • Finished today's reading in my "forgiving" book.  Today I was supposed to write my own eulogy.  That was interesting.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Placed an Amazon order & updated my Subscribe & Save.
  • Cut and washed my hair.
  • Called my dad for his birthday.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
    • List and prioritize.
      • Finish and send out 2023 unaudited financials for at least 20 entities this weekend.
      • Prepare responses to audit inquiries for at least 3 entities.
      • Complete 1099s and 1096s for at least 11 entities.
      • Update online government reporting of a transaction.
      • Prepare and send investor reports for at least 3 entities.
      • Make good progress on entering thousands of data points for various 2023 transactions.
      • Update due date reminders for at least 3 entities.
      • Lots of filing and probably discovering additional things that are due or overdue.
    • Figure out what's wrong with my Adobe software and fix it.
    • Get my new work email to show up on my phone.
  • Several more loads of laundry.
  • Yoga etc.
  • More reading.
  • Eat fruit, veggies, drink water.
  • Lots of personal financial related stuff.
    • Update tax info for recent transactions etc.
    • 2 FAFSAs and an additional financial aid thing for college 1 kid applied to.
    • Update the amounts I "owe" my kids for various reasons and make the bank transfers.
    • Prepare my dad's birthday card & a check for the Dog Whisperer to be handed over tomorrow.
  • Order my kids' yearbooks.
  • Sign my kids up for AP tests.
  • Night pup duty.
  • Whatever else I'm forgetting.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

Ds said he didn’t want to go out. Dh didn’t even answer when I spoke to him 3x. Ok, fine. I am flexible. We’ll stay in tonight and try the new place another time. I put on my jammies and ate some leftovers. Then, they decide to go out after all, without me. Nice. ☹️

I am so tired of trying to plan fun things for us all to do that one or both of them manage to ruin. 

Gonna watch a movie.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Sad 2

Today I worked on a plan for the new office/hobby space. We went to IKEA to get a few things. We got some of the Ikea stuff assembled tonight and some things brought upstairs that will go in that room. 

Eldest had a  friend over, youngest had their boyfriend over and then they went to snow daze. 

• Like 2