Menu

Intellectual disability

Mumma8899

4 minutes ago, Mumma8899 said:

I did when I posted the question 

Usually people post why they want to know. We are a community who has spent years talking to each other. It’s like you walked into a room full of long time friends and asked what our kids IQ scores are without introducing yourself or telling us why you want to know. 

Just now, freesia said:

Usually people post why they want to know. We are a community who has spent years talking to each other. It’s like you walked into a room full of long time friends and asked what our kids IQ scores are without introducing yourself or telling us why you want to know. 

I’m only new to this there’s no book on how to use this site so I am only trying my best to figure it out. 

3 minutes ago, Mumma8899 said:

I’m only new to this there’s no book on how to use this site so I am only trying my best to figure it out. 

Well think about how you would enter a room. Hi—my child has just been diagnosed with an ID. I don’t understand the test he was given. Does anyone have experience with the WISC and can explain what these scores mean? Or Im looking to chat with someone whose child has an I D. My child was just diagnosed and I have a lot of concerns and questions. Then list them 

Edited by freesia
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, freesia said:

Well think about how you would enter a room. Hi—my child has just been diagnosed with an ID. I don’t understand the test he was given. Does anyone have experience with the WISC and can explain what these scores mean? Or Im looking to chat with someone whose child has an I D. My child was just diagnosed and I have a lot of concerns and questions. Then list them 

I’m only doing my best. I have Autism and language delays so I’m not good sometimes I try my best 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mumma8899 said:

Well it’s not so thanks for the lovely comment 

I'm glad you came back.  If you could be more specific about what you're looking for, we would be more able to help you.

That said, I believe that by definition, a person diagnosed with ID is going to have an IQ score of about 70 or below, and severe ID starts at around 40.   I'm pretty sure there are folks on here who have children or experience with children in this range.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EKS said:

I'm glad you came back.  If you could be more specific about what you're looking for, we would be more able to help you.

That said, I believe that by definition, a person diagnosed with ID is going to have an IQ score of about 70 or below, and severe ID starts at around 40.   I'm pretty sure there are folks on here who have children or experience with children in this range.

Help from Other parents who have children with intellectual disability. Doctor said my child have severe intellectual disability. Wanted to ask what iq level with that other parents have. 

5 minutes ago, EKS said:

With severe intellectual what level iq other kid have 

9 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

IQ scores are generally considered to be very personal, so people tend not to want to share those on a public board.

Perhaps your local special school or infant welfare nurse can help you, since your doctor hasn't helped sufficiently.

Ok

2 hours ago, Rosie_0801 said:

IQ scores are generally considered to be very personal, so people tend not to want to share those on a public board.

True.

People are pretty open to saying what category their kids are in though—they are usually willing to say their kid has severe ID or mild ID if they want to give better context for their advice or information.

Special needs can affect IQ but don’t always affect IQ, so this board has people on here whose kids have a wide range of IQs from very low to profoundly gifted.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...