Menu

Tackling Monday Together, 11.13.23

mom31257

Good morning! 

Dh is off to work with a lot of food because he works at the charter school tonight. 

Ds is coming down this afternoon to go get his passport application done. 

• bible study
  • 4 Zoom sessions
  • call internet provider for arts council
  • call and order turkey
  • tidy house
  • meals
  • arts council meeting
  • prep for tomorrow
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Good morning!

• begin to redo the ornaments for this batch, as I realized 5 in I got the color shifts in the wrong direction.
  • wait for the septic guy to come for maintenance
  • violin
  • help ds with homework
  • 10,000 steps?  We'll see.  It was 28 degrees when I left the house this morning already.
  • Like 4

Happy Monday!  Here's hoping it's both peaceful and productive!

I was up in the wee hours and posted on yesterday's thread.  I was gonna get a lot of work done overnight.  But my boss came home from work at 4am and I turned off the light rather than have to talk at that hour!  So I have all the more to accomplish today.

Done:

• 1 client thing went out in the wee hours, as well as a list of priorities which I've pasted / updated below.
  • A little reading.
  • Slept a few hours?
  • Kids off to school on time, yay!  (Barely.)
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media, calendar, and electronic school stuff.
  • A little reading.

To do:

• Bring in the groceries that are currently being delivered.
  • Let the dog out.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Eat fruits & veggies, take vitamins, drink water.
  • Lots of client work!  See below - how many can I knock off today??  Hoping for the first 10 items or so.
  • Pay bills.
  • Laundry?
  • Walk the dog?
  • Encourage the kids re their responsibilities.
  • Kid's soccer banquet potluck tonight (need to buy muffins - that's what my kid committed to bring).
  • Whatever else gets done.

Copying and adding to the list I typed out in the wee hours:

• Client 1 - a hopefully quick set of government reports drafted for client/investor review.
  • Client 2 - entering about 300 data points into our database.
  • Client 3 - entering about 150 data points into our database.
  • Personal - pay 4 bills and double check that a 5th one was paid (look for canceled check).
  • Personal - transfer cash to satisfy inter-household debts.
  • Personal - review and update automatic donation for one of my charities.
  • Client 2 - 2 packages of quarterly financials that I promised by 11/13.
  • Client 4 - send out draft bios to about 10 individuals for updating.
  • Client 4 - compile financial info needed for a colleague's report.
  • Clients 1, 5, 3 - update / review / finalize automated reminders for numerous periodic reports.
  • Clients 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - a pile of quarterly financials and 2023 annual projections / distribution advice due 11/15.
  • Client 6 - service request to correct an old typo in a government database.
  • Client 5 - complete my half of a big application that is due mid-December.
  • Client 1 - entering about 150 data points into our database.
  • Process all the emails in my inboxes (currently over 800 in total) - file attachments, perform small to-dos, etc.
  • Continuing education - complete / document at least 40 hours for 2023 (about 10 already done but some need documentation).
  • Personal - Christmas shopping, Christmas cards (if I do them), decide if we're going to any Christmas-themed performances anywhere.
  • Personal - get caught up on whatever I "owe" my kids (financial incentives).
  • Nonprofit - work with CPA to formalize updated 501 status.
  • Clients 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - Q4 invoicing and distributions.
  • Clients 2, 3, 4 - summarize and confirm compliance with allocation agreement requirements; add deadlines to database.
  • Clients 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and maybe 6 - year-end letter re compliance reminders.
  • Personal - schedule chiro appointments.
  • Personal - figure out 12th grade calendar and update my personal calendar for this.  (Senior stuff isn't on the school calendar yet.)
  • Personal - get kids to do practice math placement test.
  • Personal - complete FAFSA (not available until December).
  • Give blood.
  • Personal - trip to Latin America.
  • Personal - all year-end donations that haven't already been scheduled.

Whatever else I'm forgetting!

• Like 4

Good morning! 5 days til TG break! Beautiful day here. 

I managed to double check a couple things with Ds this morning without him being angry about it. He’s at school. 

I put the ground beef in cold water to thaw.

On my second cup of coffee. Got the Wordle without falling into the rhyme/pattern pit. Enjoying the quiet house - listening to the silly dog snore! 

Today:

Tutor in the morning ✔️ 
Drop off Ds’ laptop for keyboard repair. ✔️ 

Housekeeping
Food prep
Send work email

Tutor in the afternoon ✔️ 
Remind Dh to pick up Ds ✔️ 

Dinner is sloppy joes, salad, and some sort of veggie side.  A potato based veggie hash, maybe? 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

@mommyoffive Only the ps here get the whole week. Both city and county schools. Private schools only get W-F. Universities vary. Dd only gets W-F and has class until 5:30 pm on Tuesday. My tutoring students are cancelled next week, I think. Need to double check that calendar!!

But she will be home at the end of the first week in December for 5 weeks! Woohoo! 

Both of my small, PT jobs have a break at Christmas. No Sunday school or other church children’s ministries for two weeks. No tutoring either. This week is the last regular midweek programming, but choirs and music stuff are going full-steam, of course, and I will go to children’s rehearsals to help with crowd control. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Need to buy a replacement bin for my fall/TG decor this week. The old one is cracked. ✔️ 

Also need new lights for the Christmas tree. Target run later this week, I think. ✔️ 

I ordered beeswax tapers for Advent. I hate cheap candles and will not have them in my house. Small luxuries are satisfying sometimes! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Good Morning 

only 1 meeting today 

grocery run 

time outside suppose to get to 50 

fill car with gas go through car wash

Schedule follow up with vet

pup is doing better so relieved 

trying to figure out where to put Christmas tree so pup won’t get into it

post office run to send items sold.

I had promised my Mom I wouldn’t do an estate sale so I have been learning how to sell online. I have been doing eBay and need to start Etsy. 

• Like 3

Ordered a lacrosse rebounder and some balls for Ds for Christmas. Remembered to have them hide the packaging.

Called in a prescription refill and filled up a pill box.

Checked on another gift possibility, but Ds will have to make a different choice. The slippers he likes at LLBean aren’t made for men. 

Emailed two parents to confirm (or change) tutoring schedule for next week. Parents tend to assume the learning center has their specific school and holiday calendars and forget to notify. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

I ordered a Christmas gift for my bff. She is retired and lives winters in CA and summers on Lake Superior. Her husband has a small sailboat and takes their dog sailing. She sent me a photo of it this summer which is so cute. So I saw Walgreens can print photos on acrylic 11x14. I thought that would be perfect cause she hangs pictures outside on their patio in CA. I was really excited that I had a half off coupon. Hope it turns out well.   

• Like 3

Blood donation got exciting. Eldest passed out...I was still donating so I only saw from a distance. Then as I was in the snack area another lady came to sit down to eat and I said to her "are you ok?" And she passed out too...I reached for her so she wouldn't hurt herself. And since I spoke first, other staff were quick to be there too since they were close but doing things at the counter as is normal. The staff then helped get her to the ground. She needed some smelling salts. Eldest is just tired now, so that's good/normal. Hopefully a good night sleep will help. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@LifeLovePassion  I always pass out if I give blood. Every time. So I don’t do it anymore. ☹️

That's unfortunate. This was eldests 6th or 7th time donating...first time with passing out. They didn't eat enough with substance. Then their arm was numb so we called the donation center and talked to the on call doc. We think the wrap was just too tight so we didn't have to go to an ER for that's thankfully (non of us have ever had that happen and dh has donated a lot). They will check up with us in the morning via phone call. 

The lady that passed out said she only had eaten an apple all day ,(and it was 4:30pm). 

Edited by LifeLovePassion
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ds got his passport application done. It was nice having him here for the afternoon. I did a little decorating in his room, and he liked what I had done. We haven't done much with it since we moved in. 

He has decided to rush one of the fraternities on campus because he has so many friends in it. It's a very different vibe on a Christian campus versus a university.

• Like 2