Menu

Looking for an easy chicken casserole recipe

I need an EASY chicken casserole recipe that will fit in a 9x13 pan. (I don't have any special casserole dish.) I tried to do a google search but got so many hits I was overwhelmed. I'd love to hear some of your favorites.

Thanks!

Swiss Chicken

5-6 Boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 can Cream of mushroom soup

1/2 cup apple juice

10-12 slices swiss cheese

2 cups dried stuffing (I use peppridge farm dry stuffing)

1 stick of butter

Put chicken in the 9x13 pan. Layer 2 slices of cheese per chicken breast. Mix together apple juice and soup, pour over chicken and cheese. Pour dry stffing evenly over the top. Melt the butter and drizzle over the top.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

( double everything. ie: the soup, apple juice, stuffing, and butter.)

This is a family favorite!!

4 chicken breasts, cook and shred

bag of broccoli

2 cans of a cream of soup (I usually use mushroom and chicken)

1/2 c mayo

2T lemon juice

stick of butter

cup of bread crumbs

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar

Combine shredded chicken and broccoli in 9x13 pan. Mix next 3 ingredients and pour over chick/broc. Melt butter and combine with bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I'm in no way claiming it's healthy though. :)

4 chicken breasts, cook and shred

bag of broccoli

2 cans of a cream of soup (I usually use mushroom and chicken)

1/2 c mayo

2T lemon juice

stick of butter

cup of bread crumbs

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar

Combine shredded chicken and broccoli in 9x13 pan. Mix next 3 ingredients and pour over chick/broc. Melt butter and combine with bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I'm in no way claiming it's healthy though. :)

This is basically what I do except I use sour cream instead of mayo, frsh broc. steamed, whole wheat Ritz crackers instead of bread crumbs, no cheese, and add 1 tsp. curry powder and a little lemon juice to the soup mixture. This is one of my kids favorite dinner and there is never any left when I take it to potlucks.

Poppy Seed Chicken

1 pkg. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 pkg. frozen mixed veggies

1 can cream of mushroom (or celery)

1 can cream of chicken

1 c. sour cream

1 1/2 sleeves ritz crackers

shredded cheddar cheese

poppy seeds (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Boil chicken in water until well cooked (I usually add some oil and salt to the water.) Shred chicken in food processor or pull apart by hand into shreds. Set aside. Mix in large bowl both soups and sour cream. Use casserole dish and layer chicken, peppering chicken as you go, soup mixture, veggies and cheese. Do this 3 times, ending with cheese. Crumble crackers and mix with melted butter. Sprinkle crackers on casserole. Sprinkle poppy seeds on top if desired. Bake for 30-45 minutes.

Dump two cans of cream of chicken soup, some cooked shredded chicken (canned or frozen,) and a can of corn and a can of carrots into a pan. Mix up a few cups of Bisquick, 2 eggs, and enough milk to make it the consistency of thick pancake batter. Pour over and bake at 350 degrees until the center is cooked all the way through.

Not the healthest mean, but this is our "emergency" recipe - I keep all of the ingredients on hand just in case we need it.

layer: frozen brocoli or whatever frozen vegetable you have on hand

cut up chicken

slices of cheese (we use kraft slices)

2 cans cream of whatever you like mixed with 1/2cup milk

bake 350 for 30min.

add those french's fried onions bake another 5 minutes

My (9 year old) daughter makes this one.

Hannah Gruen's Chicken and Rice Casserole (In case you don't know, Hannah Gruen is the house keeper for Nancy Drew and her father. This recipe is from The Lost Files of Nancy Drew)

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (we use a vegetarian version :))

1 can of cream of chicken/mushroom/celery soup (we use a can and a half of mushroom b/c of the brown rice)

1 cup of uncooked long grain rice (we use brown basmati)

1 3/4 cup of water (we use 2 1/4 c b/c we use brown rice)

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Mix soup, rice, water in a 9X13 baking dish. Place chicken breasts on top. cover with foil and seal tightly around edges.

bake one hour or til done. about an hour and 20 for us (brown rice, remember?)

It's good.