Menu

Please give me your best dip/spread recipe to put on Townhouse Toppers.

Janie - this is our family's favorite. We like it best on Triscuits, but the townhouse are great, too. We have always called it "Hot Virginia Dip" - no idea where the name comes from!

1 c. finely chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted

16 oz. cream cheese

2 Tablespoons milk

5 oz. dried beef, cut into small pieces

4 T finely chopped onion

dash garlic powder

1 cup sour cream.

Mix together cream cheese, milk, dried beef, onion, garlic powder and sour cream. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve on crackers...or toast...or bagels... :)

My cheesecake recipe came from an old Southern Living cookbook. It's very similar to this one. (I add a bit of crushed rosemary and a tsp of dried mustard, but the rest of the recipe is very similar.)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blue-Cheese-Cheesecake/Detail.aspx

For artichoke dip, I use this recipe:

1 cup mayonnaise (you can decrease this somewhat, for a less greasy dip)

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 (6.5 ounce) jars artichoke hearts (unmarinated), well-drained, chopped

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan, and artichoke. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 inch baking dish.

Bake 30 minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned and bubbly.

Serve with buttery crackers.

Oh, you have to ask Hoggirl for her spinach dip recipe. It's the best!

Well, it is pretty good, and the best part is that it is a "cheater" recipe. But, you have to have access to a Sam's Club.

I love spinach dip, but it is such a PAIN to wring out the spinach. I always use half a roll of paper towels to get it dry enough! :tongue_smilie:

However, the spinach dip from Sam's club is waaaayyy too mayonnaise-y for me, so I add stuff to it.

You need:

1 container of spinach dip from Sam's. (This comes in a tall, plastic tub and

is found with the cheeses)

1 can sliced water chestnuts, chopped

1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, well-drained and chopped (I use paper towels for doing this, too, but it doesn't take too many!)

4 or 5 green onions, sliced (all white and most of the green)

about 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice

Dump out the spinach dip from the container and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.

If you want to be fancy, you can use a King's Hawaiian Bread round as a serving bowl. Just dig out the center and put the dip in there.

ETA: I decided I should have written that this was a "secret" recipe! LOL!

Edited by Hoggirl

We have always called it "Hot Virginia Dip" - no idea where the name comes from!

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve on crackers...or toast...or bagels... :)

Debbie - you bake the dip and then spread it on crackers, correct? Not put it on the crackers and bake them together?

Sounds good - we always do appetizers night for Christmas Eve and I've been looking for a new hot dip option.

LOL, I had been telling my DH about it because I thought it was wonderful. I am going to make this for NYE! Thanks for sharing your secret recipe :)

Well, it is pretty good, and the best part is that it is a "cheater" recipe. But, you have to have access to a Sam's Club.

I love spinach dip, but it is such a PAIN to wring out the spinach. I always use half a roll of paper towels to get it dry enough! :tongue_smilie:

However, the spinach dip from Sam's club is waaaayyy too mayonnaise-y for me, so I add stuff to it.

You need:

1 container of spinach dip from Sam's. (This comes in a tall, plastic tub and

is found with the cheeses)

1 can sliced water chestnuts, chopped

1 can water-packed artichoke hearts, well-drained and chopped (I use paper towels for doing this, too, but it doesn't take too many!)

4 or 5 green onions, sliced (all white and most of the green)

about 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice

Dump out the spinach dip from the container and add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.

If you want to be fancy, you can use a King's Hawaiian Bread round as a serving bowl. Just dig out the center and put the dip in there.

ETA: I decided I should have written that this was a "secret" recipe! LOL!

Artichoke Spread

Preparation Time: 5 minutes

Servings: 16

Ingredients

2 cans (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 cup mayonnaise

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (*I've used Jarlsburg and like it even more!)

3 cloves garlic, minced

Paprika

Crackers Keebler® Town House® Wheat

Directions

1. In medium bowl combine artichokes, mayonnaise, cheese and garlic. Spread in lightly greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. 2. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Serve hot with crackers.

Edited by 6packofun
weird spacing

California Party Spread

Ingredients

1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped

1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*

1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise

1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

1 small tomato, seeded and chopped

1 jalapeno papper, seeded and finely chopped

1 tsp dried dill weed

Crackers Keebler® Town House® Original

Directions

1. In medium bowl stir together artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, tomato, jalapeno and dill.

2. Spread in 1-quart casserole or 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 325°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers.

*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.

Carmelized Onion Spread

Ingredients

2 cups chopped onion

1 tsp dried rosemary leaves

1 Tbs olive oil

2 Tbs dried currants or chopped raisins

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, goat cheese or blue cheese

4 oz cream cheese, softened*

Pepper

2 Tbs pine nuts, toasted** (optional)

Crackers Keebler® Toasteds® Buttercrisp and/or

Crackers Keebler® Toasteds® Wheat

Directions

1. In large nonstick skillet cook onion and rosemary in hot oil, covered, over medium-low heat about 25 minutes or until onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in currants or raisins. Cool slightly.

2. In a medium bowl stir together feta cheese and cream cheese. Stir in onion mixture. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with pine nuts, if desired. Serve with crackers.

*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.

**NOTE: To toast pine nuts, spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.

Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Spread

Ingredients

1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers

1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley

1 tsp minced garlic or roasted garlic

1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed

Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)

Crackers Keebler® Town House® Original

Directions

1. Drain peppers. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.

2. In food processor combine parsley and garlic. Cover and process until combined. Add peppers and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth. Gradually add cream cheese through feed tube, processing until combined.

3. Spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve with crackers.

Creamy Artichoke and Leek Dip

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise

1 pkg. Knorr Cream of Leek Soup Mix

1 cup sour cream

14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1 clove garlic, minced

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and spread evenly into a 1-quart casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sliced crusty French bread, crackers or tortilla chips.

Hot Mushroom Dip

Ingredients

1 cup sour cream

2 Tbs all-purpose flour

8 oz fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup sliced green onions

1/4 cup margarine or butter

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp paprika

1 Tbs milk

Dash hot pepper sauce

Crackers Keebler® Toasteds® Wheat

Directions

1. In small bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Set aside. In medium saucepan cook mushrooms and onions in margarine or butter until tender. Stir in salt, pepper and paprika.

2. Stir in sour cream mixture, milk and pepper sauce. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Transfer to chafing dish. Serve wtih crackers.