Menu

Let's say there was an incident in which a decorative glass dish shattered...

I don't know about that one.....is the glass 'splintered'....if it is....I would probably throw them out.....

I can't vacuum them effectively--the rugs are light, and the vacuum is a supersucker, so they just get dragged inside. And yes, the glass is splintered all over the place. I can see the rugs glittering in the light. Stupid candle dish :(

I picked up a friends belongings from his car that had crashed. The man at the lot that deals with this all the time said to throw away everything because the broken glass will never come completely out. He said it won't wash out of jackets etc. I guess it depends how shattered the glass is. I think I'd throw them out.

I'm sorry about your dish and your rugs. I would toss them and so would dh. Feet are more important than rugs.

Our rule is that when something breaks we try to match pieces back together. If something shatters -like the Kombucha bottles that shattered in the garage a few days ago - then we use cardboard to pick it up, then sweep unless it's wet, then rinse. Once dry we will vacuum. I would not hesitate to toss a floor rug to keep the kids feet safe and ours as well.

Edited by girligirlmom

OK, thank you everyone. I decided to toss them. They are indeed $10 Target rugs, and I'd been thinking about getting new ones anyway. I just couldn't bring myself to put in the work knowing I'd be completely paranoid all the time. I went back in to finish cleaning up the glass and it was still everywhere, including in places I thought I'd cleaned well already. Argh! Maybe I'll have everyone wear water shoes in there for awhile :rolleyes:

Thank you for the input!