Menu

First Food

Elizabeth86

That’s sooo sweet! It’s so much fun for everyone to feed the baby. I find it highly entertaining. 

My dgs is on a weird food trajectory. He’s 6 months old, has two teeth, and is an absolute foodie. He is indifferent about puréed peas and normal baby foods. He just doesn’t want it. However, the kid will tear up some curry or fettuccine Alfredo or crab cakes. It’s insane. He attended his first pie club meeting last weekend and they sent a video yesterday of him going absolutely feral over some pot roast. It’s both bizarre and hysterical. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

That’s sooo sweet! It’s so much fun for everyone to feed the baby. I find it highly entertaining. 

My dgs is on a weird food trajectory. He’s 6 months old, has two teeth, and is an absolute foodie. He is indifferent about puréed peas and normal baby foods. He just doesn’t want it. However, the kid will tear up some curry or fettuccine Alfredo or crab cakes. It’s insane. He attended his first pie club meeting last weekend and they sent a video yesterday of him going absolutely feral over some pot roast. It’s both bizarre and hysterical. 

I know most people do baby led weaning or whatever, but I got choked to the point of not breathing as a child and the thought of one of mine choking terrifies me. I’ve had 2 of the 5 of mine to not like purées. He loves them. Interestingly enough the 2 of mine that liked purées ended up being more adventurous and healthy eaters. DS has no teeth. Mine are late to get teeth. My oldest just had 2 teeth half poking through on his first birthday.

Just now, Elizabeth86 said:

I know most people do baby led weaning or whatever, but I got choked to the point of not breathing as a child and the thought of one of mine choking terrifies me. I’ve had 2 of the 5 of mine to not like purées. He loves them. Interestingly enough the 2 of mine that liked purées ended up being more adventurous and healthy eaters. DS has no teeth. Mine are late to get teeth. My oldest just had 2 teeth half poking through on his first birthday.

Oh no, they give him purées and tiny pieces so there’s no choking risk. He just has no interest in single-ingredient, unseasoned foods. Its not a textural preference, it’s a flavor thing. It’s crazy that he makes the distinction at all. He does like fruit, but when it comes to veg he likes herbs and spices. Plain potatoes are refused but mashed potatoes with butter, cream, and pepper are inhaled. 

I’ll bet your kids are super excited when it’s their turn to feed the baby. It’s always such a funny experience. If your baby is like mine were you still have years of nursing even after introducing food. I do get how bittersweet those last baby milestones are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KungFuPanda said:

Oh no, they give him purées and tiny pieces so there’s no choking risk. He just has no interest in single-ingredient, unseasoned foods. Its not a textural preference, it’s a flavor thing. It’s crazy that he makes the distinction at all. He does like fruit, but when it comes to veg he likes herbs and spices. Plain potatoes are refused but mashed potatoes with butter, cream, and pepper are inhaled. 

I’ll bet your kids are super excited when it’s their turn to feed the baby. It’s always such a funny experience. If your baby is like mine were you still have years of nursing even after introducing food. I do get how bittersweet those last baby milestones are. 

Yes I have years of nursing to go. My youngest dd nurses until a little after 4.

• Like 2

I was a bit sad when I started foods with my youngest.  Honestly, it was the poop changing from breast fed baby poop to regular poop that kinda did me in.  We weaned super gradually, and I am not sure I knew when she nursed the last time.  I only realized she was done later, and that was super sad.  

Totally get the bittersweetness of it all.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I was a bit sad when I started foods with my youngest.  Honestly, it was the poop changing from breast fed baby poop to regular poop that kinda did me in.  We weaned super gradually, and I am not sure I knew when she nursed the last time.  I only realized she was done later, and that was super sad.  

Totally get the bittersweetness of it all.

Yes. I love breast milk baby poop. I don’t like stinky food poop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1