Menu

What is best way to get from LAX to downtown LA

Jann in TX

Are you renting a car?   There are Ubers and Lyfts all over.   If you aren't renting a car, you can just use Uber and Lyft.   You can look at the Metro schedule, but most likely you will need a different mode of transportation.

Be prepared for chaos. 🙂 LAX is always so busy, even at midnight. Right now, there are often lanes closed around the international terminal, and traffic gets quite backed up. My husband tried to pick me up (at midnight) recently, and it took an hour for him to make the loop around the terminals. 

The easiest thing for you is to follow the signs to the Ride Share Shuttle locations.  These shuttles are frequent, so the wait isn't long. And these shuttles are like special traffic monsters that seem to cut through the chaos. They will take you to an off-site Uber/Lyft location that is much easier to navigate. I use Uber when I get there and the app automatically knows my location under a particular sign/row. It usually only takes about 5 minutes to snag a ride. Not too expensive - I travel further, about 30 miles, and it costs me about $35.

• Like 2

Well, the cheapest way to get to downtown from LAX is the FlyAway bus https://www.flylax.com/flyaway-bus, it will take you to Union station (historic train depot) at the edge of downtown.  At Union Station there are many options for getting to the convention center.  It is only four miles away, but it is a long walk. https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Union-Station/Los-Angeles-Convention-Center