Menu

Hey, '60s children! Far out!!

It's a good thing we live so many thousands of miles apart. If I saw those on you, well, who knows what would happen? Just the picture makes me feel a little aggressively jealous, like I could tackle the poor wearer of those earrings and rip them right off her head.

Oh. Oh. I think I need some chamomile tea....

I always knew you were a troll, Doran. ;):lol:

Yep, that's me. Just comin' round to stir the pot.

Wait, wha??? Pot? Did someone say POT? Oh...that was beansprouts. Who did not inhale. As far as she remembers.

It's a good thing we live so many thousands of miles apart. If I saw those on you, well, who knows what would happen? Just the picture makes me feel a little aggressively jealous, like I could tackle the poor wearer of those earrings and rip them right off her head.

Oh. Oh. I think I need some chamomile tea....

Have you had your tea? May I come out now? Really, I think we can work something out. Steady, girl, steady. ;)

Way cool Doran!

I'm dating myself but I remember the original Troll Doll craze of the early 60s. About the same time there was a "St Christoper" craze. Depending which way you wore your metal (at my So California elementary school at least) "heads" out or "tails" out you were marked as either a "surfer" or a "greaser".

And somewhere in the background the Beatles as singing:

She loves you ya, ya, ya!

She loves you ya, ya, ya!

Thanks for bring back some memories.

Bill (who's old as the hills :D)

Have have a troll in this little box I keep on the end table. Dental floss, a pen, a little pad of paper, dog brush and yep a troll. I had a few. I still love them!!!!!

I know, I'm wierd.

I can see how you'd want to know right where to find your pen and paper, your dog brush, certainly, and your floss. But, I'm wondering (really!) how it is that Mr. Troll made it into that box and what purpose, exactly, that he serves for you. You do not need to answer that. I'm just....musing. ;)

Have you had your tea? May I come out now? Really, I think we can work something out. Steady, girl, steady. ;)

Actually, I hate chamomile tea. Really, I want to like it, I've tried. Medicinal, calming effects good, flavor, blech. (Pretty much the only tea I don't like though. ;))

My brother was given a troll. He didn't like it, but it was a manly sort of doll to have, so that's what was given to him. I did want one. He wanted my baby doll. We made a secret swap. There. I've outed him on the world wide web.

I have to ask, though. Are your girls embarrassed when you wear those earrings?

Actually, I hate chamomile tea. Really, I want to like it, I've tried. Medicinal, calming effects good, flavor, blech. (Pretty much the only tea I don't like though. ;))

My brother was given a troll. He didn't like it, but it was a manly sort of doll to have, so that's what was given to him. I did want one. He wanted my baby doll. We made a secret swap. There. I've outed him on the world wide web.

Honey, Troll Earrings are MILD compared to the stuff they have to endure year round. Like my Volkswagen bus, and my groovy hair. ROFL! No, seriously, dd2 wore the earrings to school today, but they were in her pocket by the time she came home. She said it was because they were too heavy. Shuuurrrre! Dd1 would probably rather have a big nose zit than wear them! :lol:

I can see how you'd want to know right where to find your pen and paper, your dog brush, certainly, and your floss. But, I'm wondering (really!) how it is that Mr. Troll made it into that box and what purpose, exactly, that he serves for you. You do not need to answer that. I'm just....musing. ;)

LOL! Odd box, I know. It used to be on my bedroom end table. My dh gave me some silver hearts in a silver box (about 1/2"x2") for valentines day years ago. Those are in there and I had a pen/pencil and a pad of paper for those sleepless nights. So this box used to house this stuff. My dd didn't want her troll she got in her stocking (because Mom says all kids need a troll). She said it was ugly. :001_huh: WHAT? GASP? She didn't like it and gave it (back) to me. I put it in that box, because you can't possibly not have or like trolls. Then the box landed in the LR, because I needed a nice box for a pen and paper. I added floss and the dog brush to it. So that's the story of the Box and my cute little troll. :lol:

Oh come on, not Doran, of the oh so infamous tea thread. I don't think that she embarrasses easily. One of the many reasons she is so loveable. I had to laugh right out loud at the picture and I would probably do the same thing in real life but I am sure she would understand. And now I am thinking to myself, I want a miniture troll doll. It could go with my collection of miniture ducks. You know, duck, duck, troll. :tongue_smilie:

Oh come on, not Doran, of the oh so infamous tea thread. I don't think that she embarrasses easily. One of the many reasons she is so loveable. I had to laugh right out loud at the picture and I would probably do the same thing in real life but I am sure she would understand. And now I am thinking to myself, I want a miniture troll doll. It could go with my collection of miniture ducks. You know, duck, duck, troll. :tongue_smilie:

I can blush with the best of them! It's part of my true southern charm, of course. And, if you laughed right out loud at my earrings, well, I'd just laugh right along with you honey, blushing all the while, then delicately point out that at least I know where kids come from!

Duck, duck, troll -- boy are you cracked...er....I mean you crack me up! :lol: