Menu

Bluetooth headphones recommendation please

Ann.without.an.e

Update later in this thread...

I have Air Pods. I want to love them but they are physically painful for me. I've tried several types of in the ear wireless ear buds and they all send a painful shocking feel into my ear. I know this doesn't make sense but it is what it is. 

I really don't want to spend more than $75. Any brand recommendations with links for actual headphones that are wireless/bluetooth that are not huge in size please. 

Thanks 🙂 

ETA: I guess I could spend more but you'll have to REALLY convince me they're worth it lol

Edited by Ann.without.an.e

My ears are too small for a lot of ear buds.  I have over the ear blue tooth conduction headphones now and I LOVE them.  I much prefer that style and they are much harder to lose.  I have Aftershokz which are kind of expensive but I know there are cheaper lines available too.  Such as ... (just an example with decent reviews, I know nothing about this particular pair)

https://www.amazon.com/PURERINA-Conduction-Headphones-Bluetooth-Earphones/dp/B0B5Z25Q5H/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=616861517886&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9019541&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12161033497515561289&hvtargid=kwd-28867375598&hydadcr=19136_13454479&keywords=bluetooth+bone+conduction&qid=1682637762&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFOV1FEVk5RNlk3NDkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5MTYwNjkzUUFFUVZDNU5RRkFTJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxMzk3MDUyMzNBRFgxUVZKWTBDJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

• Like 1

DD18 has a pair of JBL she likes.  I don't know which style.  She's pretty hard on them and wears them a lot, she's probably had them 3 or 4 years.  I have small ears (the only thing on me that is small lol) and I have yet to find a pair of earbuds that are comfortable.  I'm thinking of getting headphones too.

• Like 1

I have the same problem - I can wear in ear ones for short periods of time (quick phone call) but I think my ears aren't built for them. My favorites are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SJ44CNP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1  I will often fall asleep listening to an audiobook or podcast and these are super comfy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmandaVT said:

I have the same problem - I can wear in ear ones for short periods of time (quick phone call) but I think my ears aren't built for them. My favorites are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SJ44CNP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1  I will often fall asleep listening to an audiobook or podcast and these are super comfy. 

I have these as well and LOVE mine.

• Like 1

I just bought the Anker Soundcore Q20 for $60 because I'm going to be traveling and need them for my class. They are ok. Not as comfortable as the gaming headphones and there was what sounded like static for a bit, but it went away. I haven't worn them since then, so I don't know if the odd sound was a once off. I couldn't wear them as long as I would've liked because they were pushing on the resources of my glasses. 

I had purchased a pair of gaming headphones that were incredibly comfortable, but between the issue I was having with my new laptop and the new class I'd just started, I didn't have the bandwidth to figure them out. They were also a lot more expensive. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ann.without.an.e said:

Update later in this thread...

I have Air Pods. I want to love them but they are physically painful for me. I've tried several types of in the ear wireless ear buds and they all send a painful shocking feel into my ear. I know this doesn't make sense but it is what it is. 

I really don't want to spend more than $75. Any brand recommendations with links for actual headphones that are wireless/bluetooth that are not huge in size please. 

Thanks 🙂 

ETA: I guess I could spend more but you'll have to REALLY convince me they're worth it lol

I cannot wear earbuds in my ears. The physical contact with my ear starts to get uncomfortable in about ten minutes and painful in twenty. I like the style that just hangs over your ear (think backwards glasses) or the sleep headphones that are flat speakers on a headband. Regular headphones are fine but any in-the-ear technology doesn’t work for me. 

• Like 2