Menu

I can't believe they would sell this! BK to sell meat-scented fragrance!

My girls find the oddest things on the internet. This one was originally posted on MSN.com, with a scantily-clad Burger King, complete with his plastic face mask, selling meat-scented cologne for men.

Here's a link to a more decent article.

A few choice points:

Just in time for the festive season, the company has released its very own men's body spray, Flame.

Not recommended for vegetarians, Flame is being promoted as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broilled meat".

While the smell itself might not inspire confidence, the price will.

Flame is on sale for the credit crunch-busting sum of just $3.99 (£2.65), suggesting the Burger King promotions department has realised their contribution to the fragrance market might work best as a novelty stocking-filler.

Of all the worthless things that can possibly be sold at Christmastime, this one has to take the cake.

My girls find the oddest things on the internet. This one was originally posted on MSN.com, with a scantily-clad Burger King, complete with his plastic face mask, selling meat-scented cologne for men.

Here's a link to a more decent article.

A few choice points:

Just in time for the festive season, the company has released its very own men's body spray, Flame.

Not recommended for vegetarians, Flame is being promoted as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broilled meat".

While the smell itself might not inspire confidence, the price will.

Flame is on sale for the credit crunch-busting sum of just $3.99 (£2.65), suggesting the Burger King promotions department has realised their contribution to the fragrance market might work best as a novelty stocking-filler.

Of all the worthless things that can possibly be sold at Christmastime, this one has to take the cake.

For men to wear? Or give to women to wear? The latter makes more sense. I seriously would not walk around my house smelling like a flame-broiled Whopper. I do not have that kind of time.

an obvious ploy to disenfranchise vegetarians, Sleepy! ;) I would give you all the link for the picture of Burger King himself associated with this misspent ad campaign for cologne, but I can't do that here, in decent company. You are, however, welcome to do a Google search. When you find it, you won't believe that Burger King is actually marketing this product. Eeeeeewwwww!

:blushing: I tried to buy some...

Not because I am totally attraced to beef, we are vegetarians here! Just for posterity's sake, plus it was CHEAP, but they were already sold out by 7AM my time:glare:

Or, am I being stupid for just asking? I was stunned when I saw this---plus the photo of Burger King himself. Google it for yourself; you'll know what I mean when you see it. (Hide your eyes; it's pretty scary!)

an obvious ploy to disenfranchise vegetarians, Sleepy! ;) I would give you all the link for the picture of Burger King himself associated with this misspent ad campaign for cologne, but I can't do that here, in decent company. You are, however, welcome to do a Google search. When you find it, you won't believe that Burger King is actually marketing this product. Eeeeeewwwww!

Urgh. I googled. Someone please shave my corneas for me... sick017.gif

Oh, this is funny! Monday, I made grilled burgers for DD and I for dinner. Right after dinner, we had chiro appointments, so we dashed out. I totally smelled of grilled burger. We got into the office and my chiro (a man) said, "Oh, you smell GOOD! Is steak I smell?" :lol:

Who knew that bottling that would be a good thing? Maybe from now on I'll wear Eau de Grilled Steak and I'll catch me a man!

Urgh. I googled. Someone please shave my corneas for me... sick017.gif

are lame enough already, with the Burger King himself prancing around in a plastic face mask. But that picture----aaaarrrrgggghhhh! It seared my eyes---they will never be the same!

Oh, this is funny! Monday, I made grilled burgers for DD and I for dinner. Right after dinner, we had chiro appointments, so we dashed out. I totally smelled of grilled burger. We got into the office and my chiro (a man) said, "Oh, you smell GOOD! Is steak I smell?" :lol:

Who knew that bottling that would be a good thing? Maybe from now on I'll wear Eau de Grilled Steak and I'll catch me a man!

Eeewww! I never knew that scent would be attractive to some! I'm not quite sure what to make of it----I love the smell of grilled steaks----on the grill!

Let me know if your second thought (i.e., Eau de Grilled Steak) works!

:lol::lol::lol:

I can't imagine being less attracted to a man. :001_huh: That is just the strangest thing, now if they could make some guy smell like chocolate...that would be get my attention. BK man, I'll just hope he showers and finds another cologne. Maybe Kramer can lend him that Beach one.

My first thought was that it would come in handy with dog training.

I think I mostly smell of meat anyway because I train with clicker & treats. Liver brownies in one pocket, salmon in another, garlic sausage in my coat......

I'd totally pick some up but Burger King is not very popular here. I don't even know where the nearest one is.