Menu

April Healthy Eating

Selkie

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Blue Goose field peas, oats, barley flakes, wheat flakes, pineapple, Galia melon, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, barberries, chokeberries, elderberries, apricot, fig, banana, kiwi, mango, apple, pear, guava, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed lettuces and microgreens. Ezekiel toast with mashed edamame, roasted mushrooms, beets, eggplant, scallions, sauerkraut. A blood orange.

Dinner - Repeat of last night: A steamed artichoke and a bowl of French Country Cabbage Lentil soup.

• Like 3

Today we hit the ground running. Lethal coffee, and hashbrowns.

Grilled portabellas and roast veggies outside on the actual grill. It was so nice out, that we wanted to spark it up and eat outdoors.

Dinner - refried beans and corn dip, salads.

We are going to watch a movie and have a small amount of popcorn.

• Like 3

Saturday 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon crunch granola with coconut yogurt. 
And dh made some bacon 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, 2 squares chocolate 

snack- some mixed nuts and chocolate 

dinner- rice bowl salad (Romaine lettuce, diced green bell pepper, black beans, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese, grilled chicken over a bed of rice, topped with cilantro avocado-ranch lime dressing.)  It tasted a lot better yesterday when it was first made  

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, barley, kamut, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, sour cherries, pluot, papaya, longans, Galia melon, kiwi, guava, fig, apricot kernels, pomegranate, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed greens and microgreens. Ezekiel toast with avocado, beets, eggplant, scallions, edamame, sriracha. A Sumo orange.

Dinner - A steamed artichoke and a bowl of French Country Cabbage Lentil soup.

• Like 2

Sunday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, 2 squares chocolate 

snack- some mixed nuts and chocolate 

dinner- very last of the black bean soup with carrots, onions, broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, sugar snap peas, cabbage, celery and bok choy  brown rice 

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Sunday and Monday were similar: salade Niçoise leftovers, an egg and rye for breakfast.  Last night I made a delicious roast chicken recipe with rosemary-garlic marinade and roasted brussels sprouts plus more salad.  The only thing wrong with this picture is that I have eaten all the lovely baby potatoes with the salad and my sciatica is reacting very badly to the nightshades.  Like, hello, did you think you were going to get away with no pain for these?  and the cherry tomatoes??

No more nightshades for me today.  In better news, I found all the parts to my juicer and will buy some ingredients today.

• Like 1

Sunday:

Casual, in hurried assassination of java. Small bowl oatmeal.

Lunch - hummus and veggies. We ate light because we were working to beat the rain storm trying to get as much done as we could on the new raised beds.

Dinner - Mark's absolutely gourmet homemade mushroom and pepper pizza.

Snack - since it was my birthday, we each had a small bowl of ice cream with a few dark chocolate chips on top.

• Like 3

Monday - 

Breakfast - A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar while running errands. Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Santanero Delgado beans, oats, spelt, barley, banana, kiwi, guava, longans, mango, blueberries, strawberries, chokeberries, elderberries, sour cherries, pomegranate, passion fruit, dragon fruit, lemon and lime zest, pineapple, Galia melon, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed greens and microgreens. Ezekiel toast with avocado, edamame, scallions, beets, sesame seeds, sriracha. A blood orange.

Dinner - Dh and I are enjoying our favorite groove of having a salad or artichoke with some kind of bean/veggie soup most nights of the week. I always feel great eating a light, early dinner, and it makes it easy to maintain our weights.

Tonight we had a steamed artichoke with Monkey & Me’s delicious Lemony Chickpea Rice Soup. I used wild rice and added shiitake mushrooms.

Dessert - Chocolate hazelnut banana nice cream.

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with cranberry beans, oats, rye, barley, kiwi, guava, banana, longans, Galia melon, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, fig, nectarine, sour cherries, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, pear, apple, mango, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Kale and mixed microgreens. Ezekiel toast with avocado, tofu, beets, scallions, sesame seeds, sriracha. A Sumo orange.

Dinner - We stretched the last of the lemony chickpea wild rice soup by adding mushroom ravioli and steamed broccoli.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Eos said:

I do secretly love to read about you and dh and @Faith-manor and Mark having/planning meals together.  My dh happily eats what I cook him or occasionally cooks but we never collaborate.  

We’re a good pair - I do the meal planning and cooking and he happily does cleanup duty!

• Like 4

Tuesday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, some chocolate covered dried mangoes 

dinner- tonight’s dinner was “interesting “  So I decided to try out a new recipe for bsked gf chicken strips- made with a coating of rice flour and Old Bay Seasoning.  Instead of getting crispy, it stayed kind of mushy on the coating.  I had to temp the chicken to even see if it was safe to eat,  Tasted ok though the texture was weird.  Sweet potato fries were yummy.  I also made a cold shredded carrot salad with slivered almonds which was yummy but the almonds looked like maggots in there!  Fortunately dh has a sense of humor and adventure!  

2 eggs before bed

• Like 4

kale, scallion, cilantro, parsley, egg scramble

some granola, frozen blueberries, and coconut cream!  a yummy indulgence

chicken, scallion, a tiny bit of rice on salad greens, half an avocado

I'm hitting a reset today as my sciatica reminds me that inflammation is potentially just a meal away. 

• Like 3

Monday :

Need I report what we did to the poor coffee beans?

Piece of toast

Salad

Bean enchiladas with fajita veggies

A little dark chocolate pudding, homemade

Tuesday:

War on java. We are winning.

No breakfast at all. Got up late and hit the ground running.

Pasta, broccoli, red pepper, celery tossed with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a bunch of herbs.

Small chicken thigh heavily herbed, roasted mushrooms, red peppers, and broccoli plus saffron rice and lentil soup.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Eos said:

I do secretly love to read about you and dh and @Faith-manor and Mark having/planning meals together.  My dh happily eats what I cook him or occasionally cooks but we never collaborate.  

Thanks! He is a trooper. When we got married, I could not cook, and I mean that in the strongest sense of LACKING THE ABILITY! He could cook well. He was both stunned and amused by my level of ignorance since my mom and grandmother were decent cooks. LOL, this is what happens when 3 year olds become obsessed with the piano and grow into little kids and teens who spend all time not in school, practicing their instrument and then performing, and then going away to college on scholarship for that instrument. Some of the life skills get lost! 35 years later, he had to ask me about certain cooking techniques! So funny.

I truly hated cooking until about a year ago...always feeding so many people, and two kids with dietary restrictions or specifics that are far different from our own needs, plus my wheat allergy. It was a really, depressing chore. But, when all the boys moved out for good, feeding just the two of us became breezy, and we try all kinds of new things, new ways of prepping and cooking. I spend a lot of time watching Beat Bobby Flay because not only is the show fun, but his flavor palette is so similar to my own, and so I have come up with all kinds of entrees and sides that I love and find exciting that I spent my whole life missing out on because motherhood and budget dictated grocery shopping and cooking. Mark is a foodie. He has literally never met a food he didn't like (except the dreadful things I tried to make in those first years of our marriage), and that makes it easy. He had no food restrictions or allergies. Now we are having fun with it. I also do not have the demanding rocket mentoring schedule to work around. We work with university teams now, and do not have to meet with them so often. We do not chaperone, we do not have to feed a bunch of teenagers while traveling. It is a lot of pressure off of us. Even when we travel for the university team, I plan for us only. Those young adults fend for themselves, and have no expectations of being "mommied". Back when we had 8 teens per team, I dealt with multiple food allergies, food sensitivities, health issues, and had to plan all the meals, and submit those plans to the 4H office to show I was accommodating everyone's medical needs. I freaking HATED thinking about and planning for food.

• Like 3

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with French lentils, oats, barley, kamut, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, kiwi, guava, banana, fig, apricot kernels, barberries, elderberries, chokeberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, apple, pear, longans, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, seaweed, beets, baby onions, carrots, tomato, tofu, sweet potato, pistachios, sesame seeds, mushrooms, cashew hemp Caesar dressing (Dr. Fuhrman recipe). A Cara Cara orange.

Dinner - I made homemade enchilada sauce and then used it to make posole. So good! I threw in lots of veggies and beans - onion, garlic, bell pepper, Anaheim peppers, corn, pinto beans, black beans, butter beans. I also made oil-free, salt-free tortilla chips.

Dessert - WFPB Sunny pumpkin oat muffins from Tracy’s Real Foods.

• Like 3

Wednesday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, some chocolate chips 

dinner- gf df meat free pizza with cauliflower crust, tomato sauce, Impossible meat substitute, onions, fake cheese- I added mushrooms, bell peppers and greens  

2 eggs before bed

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

8 teens per team, I dealt with multiple food allergies, food sensitivities, health issues, and had to plan all the meals, and submit those plans to the 4H office to show I was accommodating everyone's medical needs

We need a Wow! button...

• Like 2

Sciatica much much better with no nightshades!  Yesterday:

zucchini fritters

chicken/rice/veggie soup and some canned sardines, a small slice of dense multi-grain toast

handful of roasted almonds

lentil/veggie soup with some feta on top

• Like 4

Yesterday:

Coffee beans, only enough survivors to sacrifice this morning, and then the all important hunt for prey at the grocery store begins. One boiled egg.

Lunch: taco salad, lots of black beans and red pepper, small amount of jalapeno, on large bed of greens with a dollop of Greek yogurt mixed with salsa for dressing, and 3 corn chips crushed and sprinkled on top for some added crunch.

Dinner: two eggs scrambled with mushrooms, red pepper, potatoes, and spinach.

No snacks.

• Like 3

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with snowcap beans, oats, spelt, barley, papaya, passion fruit, dragon fruit, kiwi, guava, longans, mango, apple, pear, blueberries, pomegranate, fig, sour cherries, lime and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens, tofu, sweet potato, almonds, sesame seeds, carrot, tomato, mushrooms, cashew hemp Caesar dressing. A walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - Two kinds of homemade pizza with lots of veggies - grilled onions and peppers, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, artichoke hearts, green olives. One pizza had tomato based sauce with Local Spicery’s pepperoni spice mix, and the other was topped with Dr. Fuhrman’s WFPB pesto recipe. The recipe calls for greens and nuts and you can mix and match whatever kinds you like. I used walnuts with kale, parsley, and basil. It turned out delicious and I’ll be making it again. It would be great over pasta, grains, or veggies.

• Like 2

Thursday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, some chocolate chips 

dinner- gf Mongolian beef with onions, broccoli, Chinese pea pods, carrots, celery, cabbage, bok choy, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow summer squash; brown rice; jello pudding cup

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Friday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and coriander blossoms. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, rye, barley, mango, banana, kiwi, guava, longans, pineapple, Galia melon, blueberries, blackberries, pomegranate, apple, pear, lemon and orange zest, fig, apricot, chokeberries, elderberries, barberries, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with mixed greens and microgreens, tofu, tomato, beets, carrot, radishes, scallions, sesame seeds, jungle peanuts, cashew hemp Caesar dressing. A walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - We finished up the leftover posole. I made another batch of oil-free, salt-free tortilla chips and we ate those with salsa and guacamole.

• Like 2

Thursday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, two squares of dark chocolate

dinner- recrisped leftover sweet potato fries and gf chicken fingers.  Then I took my neighbor out for dairy free gluten free cookies and cream "ice cream". 

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Saturday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and coriander blossoms. Breakfast bowl with Blue Goose field peas, oats, spelt, barley, nectarine, pluot, kiwi, guava, longans, pear, banana, blueberries, raspberries, sour cherries, fig, pomegranate, mulberries, goji berries, goldenberries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Mixed greens, a leftover piece of homemade veggie pizza, watermelon, and an apple.

Dinner - WFPB veggie burgers from Tracy’s Real Foods, sweet potato and Yukon Gold oven fries, steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Dessert - Vanilla macadamia banana nice cream.

• Like 2

Thursday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, two squares of dark chocolate

dinner- didn’t want leftovers and did want to really cook so  made  more scrambled eggs with onion, mushrooms, and mixed greens, 1/2 flaxseed muffin  

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Friday: I ate very light. Some scrambled eggs with veggies and usual coffee serial murdering spree, but nothing else until dinner when I arrived at the apartment of my two youngest sons. They then treated me to a huge bowl of homemade chili. This momma is very proud of how much cooking they are doing.

Saturday: on the road to Alabama. Not exactly easy to eat healthy when you forget the packed lunch and snacks you made. 😜😡😱 So breakfast was nothing but coffee, like serious coffee, think "The Visigoths Sack Rome after drinking WAY too much coffee". Lunch I grabbed a salad from Wendys. Dinner, Dd had broccoli stir fry waiting with some fingers orange chicken all GF. I may have eaten more chicken than would be ideal.

Exhausted. Going to bed, and hopefully dreaming of vegetables in the form of a massive salad because after so much riding in the car and not drinking enough water, I need to tackle the plant kingdom tomorrow beginning with some oats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

a slice of rye with avocado and an egg

gorp consisting of almonds, pepitas, gf crackers and cheese chunks right in with the nuts which sounds weird but was good

a friend made chicken marbella and brought it to my house for an after-hike treat, plus local baby kale salad my girls made - spring!

• Like 3

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with beluga lentils, oats, kamut, barley, longans, goldenberries, kiwi, guava, pineapple, Galia melon, apple, pear, fig, mulberries, goji berries, elderberries, barberries, chokeberries, lemon and orange zest, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Radicchio with mixed microgreens, edamame, beets, carrot, tomato, radishes, scallions, pistachios, mushrooms, zucchini, cashew hemp Caesar dressing. A lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Dinner - Plant Based on a Budget’s roasted veggie tacos with frijoles de la Olla (I used pinto beans). Veggies included zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus, corn, and eggplant. Yum. Also had some crispy tofu, guacamole, and salsa. 

Dessert - Watermelon.

• Like 2

Sunday 

Horror of horrors. Son in law and daughter who has clearly lost her mind, were out of java beans to sacrifice to the Goddess, me. Needless to say, it was a rough morning. I managed to feed the younglings on toast and eggs.

Lunch - N and C were playing outside having a lovely time so I made a yummy charceuterie board of sourdough bread and dill butter (which they loved), carrot sticks, celery sticks, peanut butter crackers, sliced cheddar cheese, grapes, strawberries, and dried apricots. They grazed for hours on that. I made a big rainbow salad, and had some veggie soup with it.

Dinner - grilled chicken breast, baked potatoes, savory polenta, fire roasted broccoli and bell pepper. Dd did most of the cooking while I entertained little T.

No snacks for me. It was good to get all the vegetables in. Son in law wisely ran to town and bought coffee beans for tomorrow morning knowing that if day two of Marmee's head is melting off her shoulders might not be a happy time for anyone.

Edited by Faith-manor
Typos
  • Like 2

Sunday 

lunch- church salad bar potluck:  bagged iceberg salad mix (which I hate but oh well), celery, onions, carrots, cucumber, chopped ham, hard boiled eggs; potato salad; gf df apple crisp 

snack- more gf df apple crisp 

dinner- salad bar leftovers: more bagged iceberg salad mix, celery, onions, carrots, cucumber, dressing 

2 eggs before bed

• Like 2

Just a quick check in. We’re vacationing. I’m pleased to say virtually no in-between meals snacking or junk. Meals have been healthy but sometimes we’ve eaten too much because the food is incredible. I have had sorbet a handful of times but other than that my desserts are fruit (either fresh or on one occasion, stewed). 

We’re getting so much exercise due to walking everywhere.

Back to real life next week.

• Like 3

Quick check-in

My last couple of weeks have been very busy and stressful but things are easing up. Food hasn't been the best but could have been a lot worse. I've been working on improving them in the last few days as things have eased up.

Today: fruit/ greek yogurt nf/ homemade muesli

white beans w/ greens/ rosemary/ carrots- soup + gf bread

family is having fettucine alfredo w/ chicken--- I'm still trying to decide I don't wan to do all that dairy and I have to make separate noodles anyway

snack: smoothie at some point with flax and greens; piece of dark chocolate

• Like 4

Monday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, rye, barley, banana, longans, goldenberries, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, fig, nectarine, pluot, pineapple, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Ezekiel toast with mashed edamame, mushrooms, beets, garlic, tomato, bok choy microgreens, sriracha. A Cara Cara orange and a lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Dinner - Leftover roasted veggie tacos and frijoles de la Olla. Watermelon.

• Like 3

Monday - made oatmeal for the clan. It isn't my thing, but I ate some anyway. It was topped with dried cranberries, strawberries, and blueberries.

I decimated the Isle of Coffee.

Lunch - we made homemade French fries, and served roast Brussels sprouts, a boiled egg each, sliced pineapple, and gave the littles some cheddar cheese plus glasses of almond milk. I drank a V-8 and had a bunch of celery.

Afternoon - we took them strawberry picking. They picked four gallons - or more importantly they helped Dd and I who did a LOT of the picking. 😁 They had fun, and as soon as we paid for them, they easily ate 20 strawberries a piece, and I announced I was not going to be on bathroom duty tomorrow should any little human have trouble from this! I ate a couple, but not enough to even be a serving.

Dinner - there was leftover chicken for the younglings, and they had some roasted carrots, rice with beans, and oh yes they did, more strawberries. 😂 I ate a baked potato with black beans, the small amount of leftover polenta, and some spinach salad with red and yellow pepper, salsa, shallots.

Tomorrow I need to rise early and make tortillas. I want to serve spinach quesadillas for lunch since the spinach really needs to get used up.

• Like 3

Monday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, celery, carrots, onions; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, two squares of chocolate 

dinner- 

https://imgur.com/a/ZgBMJxH?s=sms

broiled salmon with a garlic vinaigrette/marinade. 

PNW salad with mixed greens, apple, blueberries, candied pecans, apples, goat cheese; balsamic vinaigrette. 

2 eggs before bed

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 2

We went strawberry picking too. I only bought a gallon. 

Food didn't quite go as planned yesterday. I didn't get soup made as I didn't realize I was out of several things and by that time I just decided to eat some leftover stew (primarily veggies). 

I stopped by the store yesterday and got what I needed for soup. Yesterday I made the veggie broth and this morning I cooked the beans in the IP.

b: lots of fresh strawberries w/ wild blueberries (frozen)/ homemade gf muesli/ nf greek yogurt

l: minestrone

d: chicken w/ salad

snacks: green vegan protein smoothie and larabar

I'm leaving after lunch to visit my parents and then the girls have TKD testing so I won't be home until 7-7:30. I'm going to bring a smoothie with me and maybe a Larabar? 

• Like 3

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with Moro beans, oats, spelt, barley, longans, banana, pineapple, Galia melon, blueberries, nectarine, fig, guava, kiwi, goldenberries, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, passion fruit, pomegranate, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with radish greens, pea tendrils, beets, tofu, tomato, mushrooms, carrot, almonds, sesame seeds, cashew hemp Caesar dressing.

Dinner - I made Monkey & Me’s minestrone soup in the crockpot and it didn’t turn out very good. No fault of the recipe - it was the Banza chickpea pasta I used. Not my favorite brand, but I had a box of it in the pantry and wanted to use it up. Learned my lesson that Banza does NOT do well in the crockpot - it basically dissolved, so the texture of the soup turned out to be very thick. Blah. I might try to thin out the leftover soup with some extra broth.

Dessert - Vanilla hazelnut banana nice cream with cacao nib sprinkles.

• Like 1

Tuesday 

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, celery, carrots, onions; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, two squares of chocolate 

dinner- soup:  black beans, chicken, broccoli, carrots, onions, celery, cabbage, Chinese pea poss, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash.  

2 eggs before bed

• Like 1

I won't be posting for a few days everyone. Our grandbaby, A, was born stillborn last night. We are all reeling, and trying to figure out all the ways we need to support her parents. The next few days are going to be a blur, and more about getting through than worrying about an eating plan.

I hope everyone else is having a much better life at the moment. Lots of love to you, my friends.

• Sad 2

Wednesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed greens and microgreens (first dandelions of the spring!). Breakfast bowl with beluga lentils, oats, kamut, barley, blackberries, blueberries, pomegranate, kiwi, apple, pear, longans, goldenberries, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, banana, lemon and orange zest, passion fruit, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Ezekiel toast, guacamole with carrots and radishes, and a walnut chocolate chip WellBean bar.

Dinner - I made homemade pizza with tomato sauce, pepperoni spice (from Local Spicery), grilled onions, leeks, and peppers, artichoke hearts, black olives, and spicy Italian crumbles from Nutcase Vegan.

• Like 1

Wednesday 

dinner-  dressed up a vegan cauliflower crust pizza with Impossible meat, vegan cheeze and sauce. Added sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and mixed greens. Had only half the amount I ate last week. Added a side salad- iceberg lettuce mix (ugh but I don’t like to throw out food), carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, dressing. 

2 eggs before bed

• Like 1

Thursday-

lunch- scrambled eggs with mixed greens, celery, carrots, onions; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, two squares of chocolate 

dinner- Layered Mexican salad (garden salad mix that I am trying to use up; black beans, tomatoes, corn mix, dairy free sour cream, guacamole, salsa, red onion). Served with drumsticks in a sweet chili marinade. 

two eggs before bedtime 

D158FBEE-1980-4895-A129-749839D0EE94.jpeg

• Like 1

Thursday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and coriander blossoms. Breakfast bowl with soybeans, oats, spelt, barley, goldenberries, kiwi, guava, banana, longans, pomegranate, blackberries, blueberries, nectarine, sour cherries, dragon fruit, passion fruit, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, arugula microgreens, edamame, beets, radishes, carrot, tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, pistachios, sesame seeds, garlic, cashew hemp Caesar dressing. A Cara Cara orange and a lemon poppyseed WellBean bar.

Dinner - Leftover pizza with artichoke hearts, red peppers, and garlic. Watermelon.

• Like 1

Friday 

dinner- lamb kebabs with a Greek salad (greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, feta, vinaigrette)  

2 eggs before bed

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 1