Menu

April Healthy Eating

Selkie

Friday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens and coriander blossoms. Breakfast bowl with Rio Zape beans, oats, rye, barley, goldenberries, longans, banana, guava, kiwi, blueberries, sour cherries, raspberries, nectarine, fig, apricot, pomegranate, lemon and orange zest, mulberries, goji berries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, mixed microgreens, edamame, beets, zucchini, spaghetti squash, tomato, carrot, mushrooms, jungle peanuts, sesame seeds, cashew hemp Caesar dressing. A Cara Cara orange.

Dinner - A steamed artichoke, a bowl of pizza chili (from the freezer - Monkey & Me recipe), and a few buckwheat and flax crackers (from Tracy’s Real Foods).

Dessert - Butter pecan banana nice cream.

• Like 1

Saturday -

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with golden lentils, oats, kamut, barley, canary melon, pineapple, banana, kiwi, guava, longans, goldenberries, blueberries, strawberries, fig, pluot, elderberries, chokeberries, barberries, goji berries, mulberries, lemon and orange zest, dragon fruit, passion fruit, pomegranate, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, carrot greens, arugula microgreens, edamame, quinoa, zucchini, spaghetti squash, tomato, carrot, pistachios, sesame seeds, Italian dressing (Monkey & Me recipe). A few slices of apple and pear.

Dinner - Same as last night - a steamed artichoke and a bowl of pizza chili, served over wild rice this time.

Dessert - Chocolate hazelnut banana nice cream.

• Like 2

Saturday 

breakfast- keto blueberry cinnamon crunch granola with coconut yogurt. 

lunch- scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms and mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, some chocolate chips 

Dinner-  dressed up a vegan cauliflower crust pizza with Impossible meat, vegan cheeze and sauce. Added sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and mixed greens

2 eggs before bed

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

I had a few not-so-great days in the middle of the week but ended it strong.

I finally got the Fiber Fueled Cookbook from the library (I requested it ILL weeks ago).

I hate, hate, hate the way it is organized. I'm finding it hard to glean the information or go through the recipes with how it is laid out. 

Anyway, I'm planning to meal prep something vegan for lunch today. I'm currently doing a smoothie bowl for breakfast changing based on my mood etc. 

Today- chocolate banana smoothie bowl (1/2-2/3 frozen banana, 1 T PB, 2 Tflax, 1T cooca, 1/4 serving vegan protein powder, unsweet almond milk) topped with homemade muesli- gf oats, walnuts, cocoa nibs, pepitas, hemp seeds, pecans, raisins-- can't remember what else I threw in there. blueberries

green mint tea (unsweetened)

lunch- mixed salad w/ chicken breast; baked sweet potato

dinner- coconut korma w/ rice and chicken thigh and veggies

snacks- probably airpopped popcorn, apple, IDK 

• Like 4

Monthly review: I did *great* this month. Rainbows every day except for one day when I had to prep for a colonoscopy and was not allowed any solid food or certain colors of liquids. And the number of plant items each day increased, with an average of 14.6 even if you count the liquid day and today (which is not over). This was with company here for meals for a few days, too.

I've gotten DS also eating less processed breakfasts. It helps that there are good strawberries and blueberries available now.

I did a lot of looking at resources (videos, cookbooks from the library, etc.) this month; I will not be able to sustain that, but I took a lot from it. My menu is planned out pretty far now. It sometimes feels like I can really only focus on one thing at a time well--so housekeeping or food or school planning or volunteering.... The yard looks terrible. But Future Me is set up pretty well with regard to food for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunday - 

Breakfast - Watercress with mixed greens and microgreens. Breakfast bowl with black ayocote beans, oats, spelt, barley, passion fruit, dragon fruit, guava, banana, kiwi, canary melon, longans, goldenberries, blueberries, blackberries, nectarine, fig, pomegranate, lemon and lime zest, mulberries, goji berries, sour cherries, walnuts, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, soy milk.

Lunch - Big salad with lettuces, carrot tops, mixed microgreens, edamame, tomato, carrot, radishes, Brazil nuts, WFPB Italian dressing. A few slices of apple and pear.

Dinner - Spicy creamy ramen (Dr. Ayesha Sherzai’s fabulous recipe) with soba noodles, tofu, broccoli, cauliflower, shiitakes, shallots, water chestnuts, radish greens, bok choy microgreens. Also a steamed artichoke.

• Like 2