Menu

Bake Sale items

ProudGrandma

I feel like Rice Krispie treats last forever, and can be made festive by sprinkling seasonal Jimmie’s on them.  
Homemade Chex mix or muddy buddies also lasts a while.  those saltines with ranch seasoning are good sellers.
None of those are really ‘baked’ (some sort of are but really not baked from scratch) but I see them often at bake sales. 

Something savory or salty can be a good seller to offset all the sweet choices.

Many cookies can be frozen!

Pound cake holds well.  I don't know about more than a week - it never lasts that long - but I often make it a couple of days before an event and it's still good for days after.  My grandfather always said that it was better if it sat for a week before slicing, but I've never done that.  if you do cookies, the dough could be made and kept in the fridge, or frozen in dough balls, and then baked at the last minute.  I know that some people freeze cookies, but I prefer fresh cookies with frozen dough. 

I’ve done homemade trail mix or Chex mix for a bake sales before. There are always people who want a savory snack and they sell out. Soda sells well. One year the hot item was ring pops. Ice cream floats sell well too. You have to bring ice cream,  a scoop, root beer, cups, and straws AND have a dedicated person mss as king them, but they’re always a hit. 

If the purpose of the bake sale is to make money for a cause, it might be easier to make a donation than try to cook a week in advance. 

eta, you can also make healthy snack packs in advance. Some cheese, nuts, and dried or fresh fruit is easy to assemble ahead of time. 

Edited by KungFuPanda

I'll second (or third) the homemade chex mix. 

I think the sugared pecans might also be a hit. (expensive though)

The ranch oyster crackers are also another nice non-sweet item. 

Possibly muffins (Easy Morning Glory Muffins are some of our favorite - fairly healthy, freeze very well, and are handy breakfast items). You could use your favorite pumpkin bread recipe for pumpkin muffins too.