Menu

My son's teacher has dyslexia

This isn't a question so much as just an exciting thing I wanted to share.

My son, who has dyslexia, has been back in school for several years.

He's in 8th grade.   And his science teacher this year has dyslexia!

She explained to the class about it after making a funny spelling mistake. And now my son wants to get a book on dyslexia to read, or listen to on tape (up til now he's been sort of gradually asking questions and so forth). And on a "5 interesting things about me" slideshow assignment for another class that he wasn't sure whether was just for his teacher  or for him to share with the whole class he put "I have dyslexia" as one of his five things. He said his teacher needed to know, and so did his classmates so it didn't matter if this was just for his teacher or not. Like, he's gradually gotten more comfortable with the idea that he has dyslexia but this is a whole new level.

I am so excited for this year, and so grateful for this teacher's openness, and that he gets to have her class.

Edited by goldenecho
missed some words
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news! I hope it makes education for your son much easier. I allow my daughter to use sources as  https://ca.edubirdie.com/write-my-thesis with writing help to make the load a little less. The connection between teacher and student is a big and important part of successful education. I'm happy for your son!

Edited by Orthopter