Menu

Not-Back-to-School Party

Pamela H in Texas

Today, public school started.  Today, we have my area's first Not-Back-to-School Party which I planned and instituted.  The local group's Facebook page admin volunteered to help me.  I think she is bringing more than half the activities we're doing (outside of the playground and skate park (waterpark is closed, unfortunately).  Its going to be so exciting! I hope its a fraction as big as the last one we attended (in another town we used to live in). Maybe we can grow it in time! 

Anyone else's area do this? 

• Like 9

My local homeschooling group has an annual picnic at the park. I've only attended once, during Covid  (covid was late to my province that year) and we had a great turn out! It wasn't structured though. I think having planned activities sounds wonderful, but I'm sure its a lot of work. Hope you have a great time!

When we were homeschooling , we lived in a neighborhood with 6-8 homeschooling families, depending on the year.

We did a back to school coffee and donut day, the day the school buses resumed running. 

Our homeschool coop did a back to school picnic later in September. Food, games, talk about the planned activities for the year, welcome new people, etc.

Edited by KatieInMN

When we homeschooled one social group we were in did a big pool party. We found some loop hole I guess. I guess a fitness club member had to somehow get the ball rolling and then it didn't matter which of us were members or not. We had a big enough head count they made money and technically the pool wasn't reserved for just us but we had the pool to ourselves or maybe one or two random strangers because everyone had gone back to school. I collected the money one year and I was not a member, so I guess it was just pre-established with an existing member. 

I didn't attend every year as my kids were young/non swimmers at first. The very first year they got a massive 3-layer cake covered in fondant that said Not Back to School. 

I hope you have a good turn out!