Menu

Handy Hive: help with blinds

heartlikealion

Please help me make my windows look presentable as I move out. My cat ruined a bunch of slats. I took slats from the bottom (there were extra). But now there’s leftover string. If I move the lower plastic bar up a few notches and cut off excess string, will that affect function? I don’t get why the bottom has string stuffed inside. 

it’s hard to explain. I hope someone gets what I mean. I’m trying to request my security deposit back and I don’t want the blinds held against me. He’d probably charge me the cost of a whole new set. 
this is my video: 

I can tell you with confidence he or someone he authorized, has let themselves inside my home twice this week just because my car wasn’t here. I am not amused. I’ve been sleeping in my new hone but still moving out of this one. He should have legally asked for consent. Or gave warning. 

Edited by heartlikealion

If it doesn't work the way you want, you might just got to Walmart and buy a $4 blind if it's an easy to fit window size. 

Of course, it's been a while since I've done that, so I thought I'd check prices. It appears the cheapest blinds on Walmart's website are ~$8 now. 

2 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Is this for a landlord who is keeping your deposit anyway? 

Yes but I sent him a certified letter stating that per stare law he needs to return my deposit within 45 days of me leaving. If he has to keep any of it he must make an invoice and the plumbing bill is not applicable. I said if he doesn’t cooperate then I will take legal action. I also said in the letter I would fox the blinds my cat damaged (he cited the blinds as a reason to keep the deposit). 

one set of blinds is shy about one slat but it’s not super noticeable. I don’t gave the patience to take apart anymore. 

I’m gonna take pics and a walk through video before I go. 

I didn’t even think about cleaning inside the oven til today and I didn’t get it all clean and not sure you’re even supposed to use steel wool on that interior. I did but gave up. It didn’t work very well on the inside and all my pantry items are gone so no way to make a baking soda paste etc. If they dock me for the oven I’m ok with that. There’s no a/c in this home and I’ve been here for hours. 

I really need the money. I just signed my lease at the new place and saw the avg utilities. I’ll be paying more. Xh just received the notarized letter from the credit union stating there’s no lien on my car so Monday he’ll mail that to the circuit clerk or whatever it’s called so I can get a replacement title and he can sign my car over to me. All that to say pretty soon I’ll take over my auto ins which will be like $60/month (can’t remember if that’s including the renter’s insurance I’m bundling). 

Quick video I made just before leaving. I do have photos, too. 

I probably should have invested in some bleach for the tub caulking but that tub was a nightmare and I didn’t want to fool with it. I hate caulking. I like tubs that don’t need it. 

Notice how my living room gas heater was sitting on styrofoam. He never mounted it. 

I dropped off the keys at the police station as we discussed. I mentioned to the officer that it was obvious someone had been in my home, probably the landlord. I complained about the behavior and suggested maybe someone point out to him that’s not ok. He said he’d tell the chief. I don’t know if anything will be addressed but I don’t like my landlord’s attitude. No one cleaned the home before I moved in. I had sawdust inside cabinet drawers and such. I left a few items for the next tenant because I only have one bathroom and don’t need 2 toilet brushes etc.