Menu

Narcissism and psuedo "spirituality"

gardenmom5

This came across a narcissism feed.  Dr. Ramani has down some posts on the same subject.  so, so true.

I lost count of the times I heard "you're not a spiritual person because you *don't* have any spiritual experiences to share with me" . . . .  no, - I don't share sacred experiences with people who treat them with such disrespect. . .ok - I didn't say that outloud, but I sure thought it!  he's quite typical of a cluster b in that he treats everyone else with disdain.

288456988_723174722320973_1506096202830822465_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=jvRzwGYU2CYAX_hE7e8&tn=0fB8RgGsY3Wj7UAF&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=00_AT-3f4s2BElqFVxe6sm0-AFx4G6Q2XPUXM3CtzEOsYz0Vg&oe=62B08B37

Edited by gardenmom5

MIL called me the whore of Babylon because I wasn't Catholic, said because her son married me that he was going to Hell (not a Catholic belief), then converted to my religion when I got pregnant. Funny how that works.

Now all of her bad behavior is Satan's fault and since Christ has forgiven her we have to as well or we're going to Hell.

• Like 1

My mom did the inverse.  She was the one true Atheist, and how dare we raise our children Catholic, didn’t we understand how we were hurting her!?!  Plus interrogations about whether I actually believed in God, because she needed and deserved to know.  And obviously this was “just” a simple yes or no question, she had no patience or interest in an honest nuanced answer…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

My mom did the inverse.  She was the one true Atheist, and how dare we raise our children Catholic, didn’t we understand how we were hurting her!?!  Plus interrogations about whether I actually believed in God, because she needed and deserved to know.  And obviously this was “just” a simple yes or no question, she had no patience or interest in an honest nuanced answer…. 

Because you would take hours out of your week and hundreds out of your account because church is so much fun.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

Because you would take hours out of your week and hundreds out of your account because church is so much fun.

“We think it’s important to raise our kids with a sense of community and tradition, and we really like the uniforms even if the music is somewhat lacking” was not something she wanted to hear.  I couldn’t possibly make parenting choices different from the choices she had made for her children.  Even if I totally understood and respected the reasons she made the choices she did!  I couldn’t have separate reasons, because then we would be separate people!  And that was not allowed. 

1 minute ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

“We think it’s important to raise our kids with a sense of community and tradition, and we really like the uniforms even if the music is somewhat lacking” was not something she wanted to hear.  I couldn’t possibly make parenting choices different from the choices she had made for her children.  Even if I totally understood and respected the reasons she made the choices she did!  I couldn’t have separate reasons, because then we would be separate people!  And that was not allowed. 

I was reading today, and this was a random individual not a professional opinion, that individuality created more nos, which is why they hate it. If you do everything her way she would be able to control you better. If you go to church you might not do something because it's against your religion or because you have plans you shouldn't have because of church, therefore church is bad. My MIL is Catholic, so church was good, but it had to be her church on her schedule. Nothing else was acceptable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lawyer&Mom said:

I think this is part of the problem for many people across all areas. They think a different choice is a subversive judgment on them, be it parenting, homeschooling, religion, politics, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

MIL called me the whore of Babylon because I wasn't Catholic, said because her son married me that he was going to Hell (not a Catholic belief), then converted to my religion when I got pregnant. Funny how that works.

Now all of her bad behavior is Satan's fault and since Christ has forgiven her we have to as well or we're going to Hell.

FYI — If you want a window seat on the bus to Hell, you need to order your tickets in advance.

Follow me for more travel tips.

• Haha 4