Menu

Making a Quiche

barnwife

WWYD?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you choose?

• Use the square disposable containers you have, don't use a crust.
    • Use your personal pie plates, which they would then have to return. (I'd offer to pick them up.)
    • Use the square containers, with a crust.
    • Something else I haven't thought of.
    • I have no idea what you should do, but I wanted to click something.

I'd just use the square containers.  Quiche are fine and easy with no crust.  During CSA season we make random no crust quiche all the time in random dishes.  I regularly double and then bake in a rectangular pyrex glass dish.  If it ends up thinner, you just need to watch the bake time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Is a quiche a quiche if there is no crust? 

Technically maybe not.  Could also call it an egg bake, maybe a frittata, or breakfast casserole if you're looking for recipes.  But every quiche recipe I've tried without crust has worked well.  Maybe oil or butter the pan a little.  

You could bake them in your pie crust like skimomma says and line with parchent with enough edge to lift it out if you want to do crusts.  Or you could just go buy premade crusts in a disposable pan too.  Crust would be fine in a square pan too.  It's just bake time that might be a little dicey.  

Another option that works well for situations like this is making little egg bakes or quiche in muffin cups.  They freeze well and can take out a few at a time.  Can do with or without crust.  

https://www.culinaryhill.com/mini-quiche-4-ways/

• Like 1