Menu

Tackling Monday Together

mom31257

Good morning! Here we gooooo...(said in my best Peter Pan impression).

• breakfast and lunch for dh
  • coffee
  • 5 Zoom sessions
  • go tutor 3rd grader
  • meals (breakfast and lunch for me done)
  • prep for lessons tomorrow
  • tidy house
  • bible study/devotion
  • watch something and relax

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3

Good Morning! Woke up later than I wanted to and fell asleep last night earlier than I wanted to, too.  And since I am having an ultrasound of my abdomen today- that was only 19 minutes before I had to stop eating and drinking.  I do have to drink some water though.

Done

• Ate a hurried breakfast of 1 cookie, I piece of multi-grain bread, some kefir to drink, and a small glass of mocha
  • All meds taken, inhaled, injected and dropped in
  • water porch plants and sunroom plants
  • put dead leaves, dead plants, etc in composting pail

tried to get my INR done but was failing due to blood thickness, it seemed and when I was taking a small break before another try, the one nice and competent CRNP called and asked me if I would like to come in today at 3pm and get schedule for procedure and INR for today all done at once. I had tried to explain this to the RN- that it was idiotic to have an INR on Monday and again on Thursday along with procedure instructions because they may very well need me to just keep taking the shots---- I have to get something done that I only confer with the CRNP, and not the RN---RN's here can be just a 2 year degree.  And I know very well that someone with just that could be as knowledgeable as a doctor, but in my experiences in this area, a lot of RNs who are not BSNs or CRNP, etc are very arrogant but actually very ignorant too- as is this one at the clinic.

To do

• Quick shower, and skin routine and make-up--- skin routine with sunscreen makes me look like a zombie
  • call 2nd rheumatologist
  • call neurologist
  • call gynecologist
  • call pharmacy re: do I have refills or do I need to call allergist office
  • get ready for going to imaging appt, followed by coumadin appt, followed by stop at a government title office to get my disabled placards
  • if time, call which ever office levies our house taxes to learn what the process if for getting disabled tax break
  • more laundry
  • call our CSA and find out what a veggie we got was
  • get recipe for chicken 
  • maybe start medical appts, insurance, payments log journal
  • Like 2

Howdie, happy Monday!  Well I am not that happy it's Monday, but let's pretend.

Done:

• Slept.  Yay!
  • Kids to school on time.  Yay!
  • Wordle (4), nerdle (3), quordle (7), worldle (3, I'm ashamed to say!  I never see that country without its western neighbor attached, so I got confused ... I should have gotten it in 1!).
  • Took a shower.
  • A little reading.
  • Caught up on news, emails, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Pup duty.
  • A little house cleaning.
  • A little client work.
  • Working on coffee 2.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Pup laundry, then really clean out the washer & dryer (including filters & under the filters), then people laundry.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Kid2 is being a drama queen about leg bruises, so she wants a ride halfway home from school.
  • Chiro appointment for me.
  • Drive Kid1 home from track practice.
  • Make the kids do their responsibilities.  Probably make Kid2 walk the dog.
  • Get tool(s) and tighten some screws - jacuzzi room door + some furniture - whatever I get to.
  • Pay some bills, maybe make some donations.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 3

Oops, actually have 3 students today. Glad I remembered in time. Getting a new watch battery, then home for lunch and to regroup. 

Eta:

Lunched and made lunch for Dh.

About to unload the dishwasher, then prep a lesson, then do some AHG things. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Had to answer a bunch of questions about my personal finances today.  Apparently "I have no idea" is not a common answer.

When everything depends on flow-throughs from entities you don't manage, that's what you get.

Now off to pick up my kid and give her a driving lesson.

• Like 3

Dinner was grilled chx, a rice n veggie blend from TJ’s, and sautéed greens. Dh cleaned up.

Packed my lunch for tomorrow. Cooking bacon for b’fast now. 

Did several AHG things.

Got in a quick grocery trip before the rain.

Going to read and go to bed early. 

• Like 2

Dh had to go to an awards ceremony at school this evening. I made a quick dinner and watched some stuff while he was gone. 

We went for a 40 minute walk after he got back. That's a good walk 3 days in a row. We hope the weather will be good and permit a lot of it this summer. 

Hoping for a good night's sleep. I didn't have enough last night. My younger sister called me fairly late, and we talked for 2 hours. It was good to talk to her, though. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

To do

• Quick shower, and skin routine and make-up--- skin routine with sunscreen makes me look like a zombie Never did the make-up but didn't look that awful
  • call 2nd rheumatologist  apparently all I had was a message on the patient portal and it was a stupid message.  I have to figure out if there is a way to message back
  • call neurologist got a telehealth next Friday, could have had this Friday but conflicts with my First Friday Movie Class which I love- so I will bear pain for another week
  • call gynecologist have to do today
  • call pharmacy re: do I have refills or do I need to call allergist office   Called and already picked up the inhaler- today I will call Tricare Express Scripts and transfer prescription
  • get ready for going to imaging appt, followed by coumadin appt, followed by stop at a government title office to get my disabled placards
  • if time, call which ever office levies our house taxes to learn what the process if for getting disabled tax break do todat
  • more laundry do today
  • call our CSA and find out what a veggie we got was  we had it in our Ukrainian recipe stew but I still have no idea what it was plus I need to change my food order
  • get recipe for chicken 
  • maybe start medical appts, insurance, payments log journal

20 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

@TravelingChris So far, we’ve only gotten greens and strawberries in our CSA box. Was your unidentified veggie some sort of leafy green?

It was a curly, green long leafed green. I think it might have been a curly leafed Swiss Chard because it didn't taste bitter like kale does if it is tasted raw.  And if it was Swiss Chard, I am sorry that I just took the leafy parts and not the stem into the Ukrainian Stew I made in my Consori pot (like an Instapot but better in my view).

I joined my CSA for the meat- that was back in April 2020 when meat supplies were so scarce.  They are very local to me (probably about 18-20 miles away) They are a small 60 acre farm and raise a few cattle, some pigs, and some chickens.   Back then, they had to drive a cattle to KY to get it butchered the way they needed but they did that and we got meat.  They always give at least one box of eggs.  They deliver every 2 weeks and the boxes include normally a ground beef or pork plus another meat product plus 1 or 2 dozen eggs plus some greens plus things like other veggies, cheese, honey, these fabulous jams,   (I absolutely love the Cherry Bomb Jam-( Cherries ((dark tart, dark sweet, red tart}) Sugar, Amaretto, Vanilla Bean, Lemon Juice and Pectin) . They also grow greens, and other veggies too plus they have agreements with other local people,  The jams come from one vendor, the cheeses come from 2 different farms- one is goat, which almost all of us don't like, and the other is regular, milk cheese, bread at times, etc,  

We also do composting with their other concern - where they give us a large, lined bucket and replace it every week.  We pay for that but I am so happy to be able to do something great for the environment.  (And actually half of the trash in our city goes to making energy too so there is that too). And the composting gives us a $10 credit per month too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

Hello all. I am still inactive post-hysterectomy. No driving or bending or lifting over 2#. House is mildly messy but DH is helping. Only things on my list are read the Bible and pray and rest. Hope everyone has a good week.

Prayers for a good recovery.  I hope you are not in pain.    

I am still in a long recovery from lower spinal surgery-- maybe????  and my body is telling me I need to get my neck surgery very soon but I have no idea if they would do it before my last spinal surgery recovery appt which is June. (I had surgery in the third week of Nov)