Menu

May Healthy Eating

Selkie

36 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I use  G Hughes Smokehouse Sauce BBQ Sugar Free Hickory Flavored.  

I’ll look for that! These were at a party so I didn’t prepare them. I’m just guessing it was something like this that threw my sugar up. Luckily there was dancing at that one, so I got the benefit of some exercise! 

• Like 2

Tuesday - 

Breakfast - Mixed microgreens. Muesli/bean bowl with soybeans, blueberries, peach, nectarine, mango, apple, pear, walnuts, pistachios, flax, chia, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, walnut milk.

Lunch - Salad with spinach and romaine, lentils, zucchini, summer squash, mini peppers, beets, carrots, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, scallions, tangerine-stuffed olives, spicy walnuts, wfpb sesame peanut dressing.

Dinner - Leftovers from last night: Broccoli/cauliflower au gratin and a veggie burger wrap.

• Like 3

Breakfast--low-sugar granola with almond milk, banana

Lunch--Weirdly happened in two shifts because the plumber called saying they could come today rather than Friday. So I slammed down some leftover breakfast sausage and some watermelon. Dealt with plumber and such longer than expected. Later ate some street tacos made with some leftover grilled beef (spice rub) and shredded cabbage with a smear of Kite Hill df ricotta. More watermelon.

Dinner--Rice, grilled chicken, strawberries and watermelon.

Snack--popcorn and a mini-Coke found lurking in the back of the fridge. Regretted the Coke. 

• Like 3

Tuesday:  one last post before heading over to the June thread

breakfast - keto blueberry cinnamon nut granola, coconut yogurt, bone broth

lunch - scrambled eggs with celery, mixed greens; 1/2 flaxseed muffin, goat cheese

snack - lunch meat, Munster cheese, pickles

dinner - "Southwestern skillet" - ground beef, corn, onions, black beans, bell peppers, dairy free chao "cheese"

hard boiled eggs.

• Like 2