Menu

Revised OPGTR!

Green Bean

Poking around Amazon, I found this! Anyone else excited? I'm looking forward to hearing about the changes. Will readers be suggested and indicated when to use them? Love the separate student book. Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-Parents-Teaching-Reading-Revised/dp/1952469295/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3UZJ46HJMIY9B&keywords=ordinary+parent's+guide+to+teaching+reading&qid=1648957589&sprefix=ordinary+parent's+guide%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-2

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2

I used OPGTR for all 4 of my kids and it worked wonderfully. However, I think a separate student book is a great option, especially at the beginning. It was a bit cumbersome to share the big heavy book and there's a lot of text on the pages. For beginners, I used to write out or type up what they were supposed to practice with anyways. I would have welcomed a separate student book.

• Like 4

I'm excited for it! I may even use it for my youngest two even though they are reading, this would just bring them up to 4th grade. The price is higher but honestly for reading up to 4th grade lessons its still an amazing price, one I'm willing to pay if the words are better sized for young kids.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, Green Bean said:

Poking around Amazon, I found this! Anyone else excited? I'm looking forward to hearing about the changes. Will readers be suggested and indicated when to use them? Love the separate student book. Any thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-Parents-Teaching-Reading-Revised/dp/1952469295/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3UZJ46HJMIY9B&keywords=ordinary+parent's+guide+to+teaching+reading&qid=1648957589&sprefix=ordinary+parent's+guide%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-2

Oh I hope readers would be suggested and when to read them! This is the 1 thing holding me back from using this over abeka. I love the assigned readers. I love FLL and WWE and I really wanted to is OPGTR. Maybe I will use the new one with my 4th child.

• Like 2