Menu

Am I doing this homeschool thing right?

Elizabeth86

So you feel great when your kids are outside playing pretend around history events. THEN you feel concerned when you realize they are playing Salem Witch Trials and the 2 little sisters and the neighbor girl are being accused of witchcraft. 😳😂

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Haha 37

At one point my 16 year old was explaining his new D&D Campaign to me and then explained that it was basically the French and Indian War and started pointing out all the parallels and things. Now I DID make him write a D&D encounter based on an event in the Crusades once... but still, 16 and still acting out his history lessons. And naming character things like Aethelbert. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Melissa Louise said:

Aw, cute!

My favourite homeschool memories are of the kids playing things from literature or history! Finding the girls playing A Midsummer Night's Dream with fuzzy felt was a highlight!

Right? It’s so precious. My girls played Blueberries for Sal all year last year. We don’t have blueberries, but they improvised.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, theelfqueen said:

At one point my 16 year old was explaining his new D&D Campaign to me and then explained that it was basically the French and Indian War and started pointing out all the parallels and things. Now I DID make him write a D&D encounter based on an event in the Crusades once... but still, 16 and still acting out his history lessons. And naming character things like Aethelbert. 

I’m impressed!

1 hour ago, Melissa Louise said:

Aw, cute!

My favourite homeschool memories are of the kids playing things from literature or history! Finding the girls playing A Midsummer Night's Dream with fuzzy felt was a highlight!

I love this! 

double post, sorry 

Edited by Elizabeth86