Menu

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Faith-manor

We have nothing super special planned. We never do. But, I am making Mexican gumbo, fajita veggies, yellow rice, and lemonade slushies. I don't have to make dessert. We celebrated one of our son's birthdays over the weekend, and my mother in law made two chocolate pies. So there are leftovers for tonight. I did buy Mark some chocolate covered coffee beans.

Hope you all have a lovely day and evening.

• Like 7

Happy Valentines Day to you and all! Valentine's Day isn't really much of a deal in this household. Sometimes we do stuff sometimes we don't. Ds13 did come to the store with me to pick out a special dessert since dd7 really wanted to celebrate. She also made me a card. I think I'll make her a card later but then I'd have to make every kid a card wouldn't I. Ha.

I snuck some Reese's cups in dh's work station while he was making himself coffee but that was the extent of our celebration. We saw Hadestown in Philly last night as a birthday gift from his dad, so we joked that we were off the hook for doing anything today.

The kids and I also watch one of my favorite Simpsons episodes, I Love Lisa. 

• Like 3

We had a steak dinner (I cooked) at home last night since he will be home late tonight (college). The 2 younger ones were at home but they hung out in the basement while we ate. We haven't had much time together just the 2 of us in a couple of months, it was nice to have a quiet dinner together. I even lit some candles (so fancy!). I don't really like going out to eat in non-covid times so our dates are usually me cooking-- I especially don't want to go out together when it is such a busy day. Dh wants me to get a break and not cook but I find cooking at home more relaxing than eating out-- he doesn't get that!

Dh always buys me chocolate for every holiday. He also got me some $5 flowers from Aldi's. I prefer it when he picks me wildflowers but there aren't any to be found right now. I bought him some Reese's and gum. I gave the kids each $5 for candy/chocolate.

My two younger ones said we should celebrate Galentine's tonight since dh will be home late- not sure what they want to do. Ds will probably be hanging with his girlfriend otherwise I guess he'll join us 🙂

Edited by Soror
  • Like 2

DH and I are having a steak dinner tonight and I am making an apple pie for dessert.  I got DH a card and some candy he likes.  I don't think he got me anything, which bothers me a bit, but I'll get over it.

I sent DD a Valentine card with a gift card to her favorite restaurant so she can treat herself to a nice dinner.  I couldn't do anything for my middle.  He does not want to stand out in boot camp.  I got a small box of candy for youngest.

• Like 1

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dh has to work tonight, but we are putting together plans to celebrate later this month or next by going away on a Thursday night, booking a suite at a hotel, and doing absolutely nothing except eating room service and being together.  We need a break. 🙂

That said, I thought I'd surprise him by getting him a cute card, his favorite candies, and a chocolate rose.  He was ecstatic about them, but then brought out two HUGE heart shaped boxes of chocolates, a giant dark chocolate peanut butter cup, a pack of my favorite candy bars and a dozen roses.  He admitted he couldn't decide which to get so in his mind, it was better to get all than to have regrets later. 🤣 I think our brains work differently.

• Like 2

Dh made me his mostly yearly homemade valentine. This one was a picture of a pile of some of our boardgames strategically arranged with a sentence written over top of the picture with the boardgame names filling in parts of the sentence. The message is sexual innuendos galore so I won't share it. But these are the board games, you can fill in the sentences how you see fit: Out of Sight, Can't Stop, Noisy Neighbors, Ticket To Ride, Last Night On Earth, and Weird Dough.

• Haha 4