Menu

Is anyone using the UHC Motion app?

Scarlett

Our health insurance is United Health Care. We have a 3K deductible each....We have an HSA that we contribute to each month.  This January dh's work is kicking in $500 per year which is awesome.  AND UHC has this program where we can potentially earn $415 each to go in to our HSA.  You are required to meet the following in these three categories per day.

6 episodes of at least 300 steps in 5 minutes at least one hour apart.

30 minutes straight of exercise.  Our 30 minute walk counted.

10K steps total for the day.

Dh and I are pretty excited about it because we really both want to get healthier and he needs to walk more for his knees and bad back.  

They also have the option of competing with his co-workers which we are doing and so far about 20 people are signed up to compete.

You should have seen dh and me walking in circles around our house last night.  Hilarious.

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Selkie said:

Wow, I need to check into this. We have UHC but we don’t have HSA’s, so I wonder if it would apply to us. Dh and I both get way over 10,000 steps a day just by doing horse chores.

They might.  Because it helps UHC ultimately if their insureds are healthier.

I’ve never used it, but I considered it. The app reviews were horrible though, so you may want to check them out. Negative reviews saying things like - the app didn’t count all of their steps, activities didn’t translate over correctly, etc. I really liked the idea but I felt like I would just get frustrated. It was over a year ago when I looked into it, so maybe things have improved?

Edited by Just Kate
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Just Kate said:

I’ve never used it, but I considered it. The app reviews were horrible though, so you may want to check them out. Negative reviews saying things like - the app didn’t count all of their steps, activities didn’t translate over correctly, etc. I really liked the idea but I felt like I would just get frustrated. It was over a year ago when I looked into it, so maybe things have improved?

I have not had any trouble but Dh got like 4K steps driving home yesterday. 🙄

That really really annoyed me since I was competing with him.

A few of his co workers have had to reload the app a couple of times to get it to sync. 

I used this several years ago under my ex-husband's insurance. I loved the idea of it and it worked well at first. Unfortunately there were a lot of tech issues. I can't remember all of them, syncing didn't always work is one I seem to remember. Cynical me felt like they did that on purpose so they didn't have to pay out, haha. I also didn't like changing my fitbit for the clunkier device this program used (sounds like you have some options now). So I hope they have addressed some of those problems in the last few years. Good luck!

Edited by OH_Homeschooler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OH_Homeschooler said:

I used this several years ago under my ex-husband's insurance. I loved the idea of it and it worked well at first. Unfortunately there were a lot of tech issues. I can't remember all of them, syncing didn't always work is one I seem to remember. Cynical me felt like they did that on purpose so they didn't have to pay out, haha. I also didn't like changing my fitbit for the clunkier device this program used (sounds like you have some options now). So I hope they have addressed some of those problems in the last few years. Good luck!

Yes, dh got the Fitbit Charge 4 and I already had the newer Apple  Watch.  Dh made 3 yesterday and I only made one.  I am quite miffed.

• Like 1