Menu

Help with outsourcing high school English

I have a 9th and 11th grader who was doing English work with someone that needs to quick mid year. I'm now stuck looking for English programs for them. They are not advanced and I need something that does everything because I can't take on the English/writing/literature because this is the one area I can't do. Please help wit mid year ideas and how to get through this. I'm desperate!

Lantern English has writing classes you can join mid-year. They go by quarters. Brave writer has book clubs that might work. I thinking Teaching the Classics does, too. You might find some on Outschool, too.   Another alternative, but do it yourself, would be something like Sharon Watson’s Illuminating Literature bc the student book does the teaching and you just check and lead the discussions once a month. You could pair that with the Lantern Class or do a Fasttrack writing only for the next quarter and choose 2-3 books for the last quarter or sign them up for book clubs or get a guide like Movies as Literaure and do a few movies together. 

Sorry so jumbled, I need to get back to school. 

• Like 3

Roy Speed also does shorter length English classes on Shakespeare that might work. 

Aim Academy at Debrabell.Com has some English options you can sign up for just for this semester. I noticed a British literature one just looking quickly right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ByGrace3 said:

We have done Lantern English writing and grammar classes. We haven't done the literature classes, but there are options for book clubs and lit studies online. Excelsior Classes also has half year classes. 

Is Lantern English video or do they read the lessons? I'm hoping to find something that they can watch to learn instead of just read.