Menu

Snow pants

SquirrellyMama

We are down a car and I refuse to buys a car while prices are stupid high. Eventually, if they stay there we will but not yet. I'm stubborn.

I need to figure out what to wear over my pants when I walk to work. I remember dressing the kids in snow pants that went over their jeans when they were young, but everything I am finding now look too fitted. Most say you can't wear jeans under them. 

I'm not going skiing, just need to walk to work. I have cuddle duds on under my jeans today, and I'm sweltering inside. I need something that I can remove when I get to work.

I don't want to buy the wrong thing. My dh doesn't want us in stores right now so I can't try anything on.

Kelly

Are you looking for warmth or waterproofing?

I have ll bean adult snow pants that I can wear over sweatpants. Or you could get a shell layer that are just waterproof shell pants.

I don’t know the temps where you are or how far you walk but for winter walking in upstate NY I I get too hot in snow pants so only wear one layer on my legs. (I wear cross country ski pants that fit like leggings And repel snow)

Can you change clothes when u get to work instead of walking in jeans?

Edited by Hilltopmom

I wear my snow pants over multiple layers at work each day. I actually have several pairs. One pair is a men’s small and I wear women’s small long underwear and hiking pants underneath. None of mine are well known brands; one is from Tractor  Supply, another is a clearance ski brand from Sierra Trading post. 

I walk outdoors almost every day in the upper midwest in snow.  I do sometimes run errands but mostly for exercise.  I wear calf length boots (I have studded boots for icy and snowy conditions or regular sorels).  And I bought a sized up calf length parka.  I actually prefer this to layering up my legs more in terms of speed getting out the door.  I sized it up so I can wear multiple layers underneath, I often wear long hoodies or sweaters.  In very cold conditions, I do wear a layer of long underwear under my pants.  Just another thing to consider if snow pants aren't doing it for you.  

I've actually really liked some long mens wool coats I've gotten at thrift stores layered up when it's not too windy depending on what your conditions are like.  

Thanks for all of the replies! I decided to sneak off to Theisen's and tried on a couple pairs of snow pants. Found a great pair that will layer over jeans. 

I have 2 jobs and I didn't want to have to change after walking to each one so I liked the idea of pants to wear over my jeans. 

We'll see if I'm cursing myself for my stubbornness around mid-January when I'm walking to work in sub-zero temps at 5:30am.

Kelly

Edited by SquirrellyMama