Menu

Amazon help/customer service unavailable for anyone else?

Wildcat

I can't get any of the "contact us" buttons on Amazon to work and the email they sent with a link doesn't work (auto-generated email when I requested a refund that was denied because of "internal system" issues, so contact us). Everything goes to an "error" message page.

Does the 'contact us" stuff work for anyone or is their entire help section down only for me?

I have a package lost in shipping and this is the third day I can't contact them for a refund. Grr.

48 minutes ago, sweet2ndchance said:

Have you tried their chat or phone options?

At the bottom of the main page (amazon.com) click "help" and then on the next page click on "Need more help?" and it will take you to the options for chatting with them or having them call you.

That's what I mean by their links don't work. NONE of the things I have used in the past get me to any workable options. I simply get an error page with a dog on it (dogs of Amazon or something). Even the email they sent me with a link to contact them goes to that error page with a dog on it.

Are you able to bring up their help options? I tried in a different browser, not logged in and still get the same error page. 

I don't know whether to laugh or scream in frustration.

3 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

That's what I mean by their links don't work. NONE of the things I have used in the past get me to any workable options. I simply get an error page with a dog on it (dogs of Amazon or something). Even the email they sent me with a link to contact them goes to that error page with a dog on it.

Are you able to bring up their help options? I tried in a different browser, not logged in and still get the same error page. 

I don't know whether to laugh or scream in frustration.

I just tried and it worked for me. I went to Need More Help? and the chat box popped up right away.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I just tried and it worked for me. I went to Need More Help? and the chat box popped up right away.

Awesome. I'll try logging out and back in and checking by browser for updates just in case. I just checked again and got another (really cute!) dog photo. LOL.  I've probably seen all of Amazon's employees' dogs by now!

Strange, though, that the help links would be the ONLY ones not working for me. Programming 'tis a strange beast, for sure.

Thanks for checking for me!!

• Like 1

I had a lost package and this morning used the chat to have them resend a new one. Only took a couple of minutes total to handle. I went through my orders page, we to the order that wasn't delivered, and there was a way to contact them there. Was the easiest and smoothest interaction I have ever had with a company.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sweet2ndchance said:

How odd. Yes I can get to the chat and everything too.

Have you tried resetting your router and/or internet device? That and completely shutting down the computer and rebooting are the only things I can think of right now to try.

Welp, didn't work. We tried it all. Really strange.

14 minutes ago, Plagefille said:

I had a lost package and this morning used the chat to have them resend a new one. Only took a couple of minutes total to handle. I went through my orders page, we to the order that wasn't delivered, and there was a way to contact them there. Was the easiest and smoothest interaction I have ever had with a company.

Ugh. I've had several instances where I've had Amazon call me about an issue but this is the first time I've been unable to get to their help options! And why is that the only page on the whole site that I click on that gives me an error?! So, so annoying! 

So, a point of interest. Dh tried on his computer (same Amazon account) and got the help page. Cool. He closed it and I tried on my computer. Got the dog page. He tried it again. This time, HE got the dog page. He kept refreshing as I rebooted and updated my browser. He finally got the help page up so I got through and my order is being resent. However... when he tried again. He got the dog page again. What the heck?! 

Yes, this has been an issue for awhile.  It seems to be particularly with regard to some purchases but not others....I assume because of how some are outsourced, even if the website doesn't say it's a third party seller.  

I spent a fair amount of time looking into it last year, and the consensus was for some things, there simply isn't any recourse.  

Edited by Terabith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

So, a point of interest. Dh tried on his computer (same Amazon account) and got the help page. Cool. He closed it and I tried on my computer. Got the dog page. He tried it again. This time, HE got the dog page. He kept refreshing as I rebooted and updated my browser. He finally got the help page up so I got through and my order is being resent. However... when he tried again. He got the dog page again. What the heck?! 

I have that happened to me for checking my community college class results. Works okay only in the morning for Firefox and works whole day if I use Edge. My classmates had similar problems with webpages not working on particular browsers (mainly Chrome) but works fine in other browsers for our class assignments. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wilrunner said:

I wonder if it would work if you cleared your cache. Otherwise, this is the phone number I use when needed. 1-866-1072 Good luck!

Cache cleared and cookies emptied as part of the usual solutions I try. Nada.

LOL. Thanks for the phone number, but what are the missing digits? I found a number on GetHuman but it's a very different one and I hesitate to use it without confirming it's legit.

15 hours ago, Terabith said:

Yes, this has been an issue for awhile.  It seems to be particularly with regard to some purchases but not others....I assume because of how some are outsourced, even if the website doesn't say it's a third party seller.  

I spent a fair amount of time looking into it last year, and the consensus was for some things, there simply isn't any recourse.  

But, I can't get to their 'contact us' page. The generic one. It doesn't have anything to do with a particular product.

On their home page, I click on the "Customer Service" tab, then scroll alllll the way down to 'more help topics', and then go right where a wee  submenu pops up and click on "contact us". I get the error page with a dog photo on it. All the doge were cute, but I wanted help. LOL.

I also clicked the link they sent me in an email, so there was no was I was messing that up and it went right to the 'contact us' page but instead I got the error/dog photo.

15 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I have that happened to me for checking my community college class results. Works okay only in the morning for Firefox and works whole day if I use Edge. My classmates had similar problems with webpages not working on particular browsers (mainly Chrome) but works fine in other browsers for our class assignments. 

The entire website or just a particular page or two? My issue is literally only one page on their website. Also, it worked for dh the first time he looked, and when he went back just a minute later, he also got the error/dog page.

The issue is moot in that I have been made whole now, but it's puzzling, because I'd like to know if it's on their end or just me for some reason. and if it's just me, I'd like to fix whatever it is. It's a real puzzler.

The entire website or just a particular page or two? My issue is literally only one page on their website. Also, it worked for dh the first time he looked, and when he went back just a minute later, he also got the error/dog page.

A particular page. We have issues with different webpages which would work if we use a different browser. Most of my classmates have at least three browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Safari). 

solutions I try. Nada.

LOL. Thanks for the phone number, but what are the missing digits? I found a number on GetHuman but it's a very different one and I hesitate to use it without confirming it's legit.

Oops. 🤦 1.866.216.1072. Hopes it works better this time! 

• 8 months later...