Menu

My brother got Covid

Janeway

My brother was vaccinated in January when I was. But he has Covid. <sigh> I do not know if it is the Delta variant. He did get fully vaccinated and his last shot was before my first. My first was January 14. (I think he did, but it was close, he worked for a hospital though so his was super early, before anyone else it seemed). Just thought I would share. It is kind of interesting. I wonder if it is Delta or if his vaccinations have worn off.

• Sad 18

1 hour ago, AmandaVT said:

I'm sorry to hear this - I hope he has a mild case. The Pfizer CEO has shared that the efficacy is lower after 6 months. Which makes me nervous - DH and I are right about at the 6 month mark.

I hit the six month mark last month so I am kind of worried too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Janeway said:

My brother was vaccinated in January when I was. But he has Covid. <sigh> I do not know if it is the Delta variant. He did get fully vaccinated and his last shot was before my first. My first was January 14. (I think he did, but it was close, he worked for a hospital though so his was super early, before anyone else it seemed). Just thought I would share. It is kind of interesting. I wonder if it is Delta or if his vaccinations have worn off.

Reports are saying that 83% of new cases are Delta, so odds are that’s what it is.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/20/delta-variant-now-accounts-for-83percent-of-all-sequenced-covid-cases-in-the-us-cdc-director-walensky-says.html

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/07/delta-covid-19-variant-now-83-us-cases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

Sorry to hear he’s sick. How bad is he feeling? Like head cold bad or terrible flu bad?

More like a terrible cold. He is getting better now. It has lasted for more than a week and he seems to be getting better. I had not known he had Covid, I knew he was sick. But my sister told me his wife's grandson missed the first day of school because he has Covid and a bunch of people at my brother's work (all vaccinated) got it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Was he tested? I was unclear with the post about the kid who had it, etc. 

Yes, he was tested. He had symptoms, I knew he was sick. But I was not aware he was tested until my sister told me. He had not wanted to get tested but then his wife's grandson ended up being sick and having it and a bunch of people at work. His grandson is little, so not vaccinated. But his coworkers were vaccinated. I am unsure of exactly when he was tested. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear. I hope he and his grandson feel better soon. I know two vaccinated people who got it (they are married, got it from their unvaccinated adult daughter), and it was like a cold for both of them, worse for one than the other