Menu

I need movie suggestions

Excelsior! Academy

Dh has decided to stay at the hospital overnight with his dad who just had a major surgery.  Covid cases are spiking and dh is afraid if he leaves, he may not get to see his dad again for the duration of the hospital stay.  I don't sleep well when dh isn't home so I want to binge watch a tv series or have a movie marathon.  I tend to prefer pg-13 movies or less.  I don't mind romance, but don't like gratuitous s@x.  Action and drama are okay. I only have YouTube and Amazon prime. Any suggestions?

Edited by Excelsior! Academy

Do you like period films?

The BBC Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth is one of my faves for all day watching while cooking or something

I also really like the Emma series with Romola Garai 

I'm watching the 1983 version of Jane Eyre on YouTube and it's pretty faithful to the book.  It's also a series.

We just enjoyed It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World on Amazon.  Funny and clean enough for the whole family, but geared toward adults.  Other ones we liked on Amazon are Across The Universe, So I Married An Axe Murderer, My Man Godfrey, Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist, and believe it or not, a series of weird films they have on there that are compilation of "educational" films for schools/businesses in the past, like Dining Etiquette, Homes Of the Future, Dating Tips....they're absolutely hilarious, and then there are some that are just old commercials with products totally forgotten about.

I ended up watching Rear Window.  My older teens are housesitting so we all  watched it at the same time and texted back and forth.  It was pretty fun. Grace Kelly's character needed more self respect!  To be as confident and put together as she was, she was certainly blind to the main character's treatment of her.  I loved the plot and wavered between wondering if the person in question was innocent or guilty.  Thank you for the recommend!  I am adding the rest to my watch list.  It looks like we may be entering another phase of lock downs this winter.