Menu

counting isolation days

ktgrok

Ok, so 10 days after symptoms start? Counting symptoms as day 1? Coming out on day 10? Coming out on day 11? Counting day after as day 1?

I don't know why this is confusing to me, but counting days is always confusing to me, lol.

DS couldn't/didn't smell some stuff on Tuesday morning when he came back from his trip - his room REEKED and he should have been able to smell it after being gone for a week, but even after I said something he didn't notice it. Wednesday morning he tested positive. When can he come out of his isolation chamber? (he is vaccinated, which I know doesn't really matter)

6 minutes ago, freesia said:

I would do it 10 days after symptoms started (as long as symptoms are gone) and 24 hours post fever.  Here' s the CDC rec:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/disposition-in-home-patients.html

His only symptom is loss of smell, which can take longer and doesn't impact length of isolation. and he hasn't had a fever at all, at any point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

His only symptom is loss of smell, which can take longer and doesn't impact length of isolation. and he hasn't had a fever at all, at any point. 

Then I would just do the 10 days.  Some of the graphs posted on other threads are showing that the viral load with Delta may start the same in vaxxed people, but drops.  Maybe bc of your other ds I'd have him mask for a few more days and run an air filter, but  I think it would be fine after 10 days.

Just now, freesia said:

Then I would just do the 10 days.  Some of the graphs posted on other threads are showing that the viral load with Delta may start the same in vaxxed people, but drops.  Maybe bc of your other ds I'd have him mask for a few more days and run an air filter, but  I think it would be fine after 10 days.

I just don't know how to count the 10 days, lol. I'm not kidding...but I THINK that means he can come out on Friday morning, since first symptoms were Tuesday morning?

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

I just don't know how to count the 10 days, lol. I'm not kidding...but I THINK that means he can come out on Friday morning, since first symptoms were Tuesday morning?

That's what I would say--Friday morning.  TBH with dh, it took a few days for us to feel comfortable (I slept in another bedroom for a couple of days and he worked outside on the deck and we kept the air filter running.  But I'm only saying that bc I understand that it's a tough call.  We were looking forward to some things and I was nervous.  As it turned out, it was fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karen A said:

The quarantine instructions in my contact tracing class were first day of symptoms was Day 0, out on Day 11.  (Therefore it appears he may be out and about Saturday, if first sx was 8/3)

https://doh.sd.gov/COVID/Calculator/default.aspx

Thank you! That's helpful. And at least acknowledges that there various ways to count, thank you for making me feel less silly about this!

• Like 2