Menu

Tackling Thursday Together!

ScoutTN

Good morning, friends! 

Today I MUST do online traffic school to make sure a speeding ticket that I got in the spring doesn’t affect our insurance rates. Ugh! 

Tutor one student virtually. ✔️ 

Mail a package. ✔️ 

Dog to the vet for check up, nail trim, and update on flea/heartworm meds. ✔️ 

Dinner is?

Maybe out to play putt putt with Dh in the evening?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

You can do it, Scout! It's boring, but the one I did was able to have the videos running in one tab, and do other things in other tabs, and just click over to answer questions. So, you should be able to still multi-task. (I mean, probably not tutor during it, but still.....)   And putt-putt sounds fun! 

Today I have:

....coffee
....remember to write/mail a check 
....tutor  the little boy
....more laundry
....more bookshelf declutter (today's goal: edit/sort/put away all the stuff that was given to me at the end of the year)
....figure out dinner (something quick/easy)
....go to fencing class
....home, veg out

Have a good day! 

• Like 4

Howdie!  Can't believe it's July!  Yikes!

Just wanna say that last night's pup training lesson was one of the best hours of my recent life.  My pup and my kids loved the trainer.  Now I hope we remember to implement all her lessons.  She said good things about my pup, which somehow meant a lot to me.  🙂  She also said he was well-bred, which I told my sister (his breeder), which made her happy.  🙂  He does still have lots of work to do, just like my kids and me.  😛

As for today:

Done:

• Woke us all up and got the kids to 9am band camp.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and checked some online school stuff.
  • A small amount of client work so far.

To do:

• More client work.
  • Pick kids up, listen to audiobook, grab treats at the pet store, grab lunch if people don't want to make it.  (Yes, I am lazy and my kids are spoiled.)
  • Make the kids do pup duty, math practice, and clean up their mess areas.
  • Kid1 to soccer.
  • Not sure if Kid2 is going to horse riding or not.
  • Evening pup duty / exercise.
  • Laundry.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

Done:
Drove with kiddos - 2 hours
Coffee
Signed up 3rd teen for parent taught drivers ed
Helped DD make a resume
Helped her apply for an on campus job
Coffee
Breakfast

Afternoon:
Call dentist - 2 of DD's band spacers fell out
Have DD14 sit with DD11 for a tutoring session (She's taking over Barton tutoring for this kiddo.)
Barton x 3

Later:
Shower!
Pick up DS from work - have him drive!
Dinner: GF Tacos

• Like 3

Good afternoon!

It's been raining all day here with flash flood advisories, so we've stayed in. It's nice being with my younger sister! I don't get to see her as much as I do my older sister. 

I cooked breakfast for us, and we snacked for lunch. The rain may stop later, so we are talking about getting pizza. 

We watched Thor because my sister had never seen it. We watched the next Loki! Oh my!! We love the show. 

I paid bills and updated my checking records. I need to request ds' transcript from his dual enrollment, but the tech college's system is down for a bit. 

Dh is taking a nap. Maybe we'll play a game later. 

• Like 2

I'm so glad you're getting in some good visiting time, Amy! 

I did the next step in the bookshelf sort/purge -- this was easy, as 2 of the boxes ended up being automatic "Pass that on to someone with an actual classroom" stuff. Easy!  I have one area left to do, which is the hardest, which I'll maybe split into one drawer at a time (it's 4 BIG drawers). Blah. 

Wrote the note & check, walked and mailed it. 

DH is checking on a long-dormant account of which we got a letter over vacation saying "contact us by July 1st in order to not have this account turned over to the state where you'd have to reclaim it from them via their crazy process...." (bank account that has sat untouched for years). Oops. Hopefully he can sort that today before the deadline, and hopefully "by the 1st" means "by the end of business on..." and not "before the...."  (he's just going to see what's still there, transfer it to our real bank, and be done)

*he's not having good progress online.....ugh. 

Next up - video game for a bit, then dinner, then fencing, smoothies, and home. 

• Like 1

Dinner is stuffed poblanos and salad.

Filled the bird feeder. 

Working on dinner and laundry.

No putt-putt bc it’s drizzling snd real rain expected. We need the rain! Maybe watch a movie instead? 

eta: Finished the traffic school class. Tedious, but I did learn a few things.

Ordered an inexpensive sleeping bag for Ds. His good one does not need to go to FL next week and he needs an extra long one. Woohoo for Amazon; it will be here tomorrow. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

Watched two episodes of the most recent version of Jane Eyre. Meh. I like the Timothy Dalton version better. 

I reread the book recently and I think all film adaptations pale beside it. So rich. 

Need to get to work on my Lit Life reading list or I’ll never finish my 19!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TheReader said:

I'm so glad you're getting in some good visiting time, Amy! 

I did the next step in the bookshelf sort/purge -- this was easy, as 2 of the boxes ended up being automatic "Pass that on to someone with an actual classroom" stuff. Easy!  I have one area left to do, which is the hardest, which I'll maybe split into one drawer at a time (it's 4 BIG drawers). Blah. 

Wrote the note & check, walked and mailed it. 

DH is checking on a long-dormant account of which we got a letter over vacation saying "contact us by July 1st in order to not have this account turned over to the state where you'd have to reclaim it from them via their crazy process...." (bank account that has sat untouched for years). Oops. Hopefully he can sort that today before the deadline, and hopefully "by the 1st" means "by the end of business on..." and not "before the...."  (he's just going to see what's still there, transfer it to our real bank, and be done)

*he's not having good progress online.....ugh. 

Next up - video game for a bit, then dinner, then fencing, smoothies, and home. 

So, the checking account/savings account, which on the letter said "contact us on or before July 1st" had already been sent to the state lost property thing or whatever it's called. The bank did confirm how much is in each account ($60-something, and $70-something), and gave us the info to collect it from the state. :sigh: Oops. 

Will look into the process and see how hard it is.