Menu

glass shower door options

Sunshine State Sue

I want to replace my glass shower doors because they are clear glass, and I am tired of cleaning/squeegeeing them.  I am a low maintenance kind of girl.

There are 2 options:

"rain" - which is textured

"tranquility" - which is smooth and frosted

Which is best to hide water spots?

Thanks!

Edited by Sunshine State Sue

My vote is curtain.

We are in the same situation. We have glass shower doors and it is impossible to keep them clear of water spots. We have hard water, so the misery is real. We are hoping to just remove the hated doors and put up a shower curtain with a cloth liner (like hotels do). The cloth liner is easy to toss in the laundry. Easy peasy. Plus curtains look nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harriet Vane said:

My vote is curtain.

We are in the same situation. We have glass shower doors and it is impossible to keep them clear of water spots. We have hard water, so the misery is real. We are hoping to just remove the hated doors and put up a shower curtain with a cloth liner (like hotels do). The cloth liner is easy to toss in the laundry. Easy peasy. Plus curtains look nice.

Yep. I despise glass in a shower of any kind. If possible I prefer a curved wall which requires no curtain or door. 2nd choice curtain.  

• Like 1

Well, I just picked clear glass, lol. I’m a fan of using RainX on everything. I’m not a fan of cleaning or replacing curtain liners, and we don’t and won’t have light sources within our showers. I hate a dark shower.

I’d say texture will hide spots better, but be more miserable to clean than smooth when you finally do.

• Like 2

LOL we live in a super humid area and got sick of replacing mildewed curtains (and grout), which is partly why I just switched to clear fixed glass (no track or door). I put a squeegee on a suction cup on the outside of the glass and use it for just a few seconds a day. We don't have hard water or anything, though. I picked clear over textured specifically because I was afraid a textured one would hold dirt or mildew & be too hard to clean.