Menu

Daily Movement - Thursday, April 22

purpleowl

I feel like I'm finally beginning to develop or settle into a new routine coming back from the broken arm and other health stuff from last summer. I try to get in two solid walks -- morning and evening -- spend 20-30 minutes on leg/arm stuff (alternating days for sets on the yoga mat and sets done mostly standing or in a chair) and am now starting to re-incorporate 20-30 minutes on the stationary bike at least every other day.

Still using the bike at very low resistance, according to the physical therapist's recommendation, but I'm slowly starting to push that up just a teeny bit every few days.

I won't be signing up for any triathlons or anything like it any time soon, but it feels good to be in building up mode.

So far today, I have walked just about 4K and did leg/arm exercises. 

Spring Start Status Update: 322.8 of 500K

• Like 6

Did a live DDPY class with my favorite instructor this morning, then walked around a nature preserve after that for a while. Probably walked 1.5 miles if I had to guess, between the main trail and then walking back and forth on a side trail. They have the coolest outdoor play area for kids with a digging station with buckets, shovels and sifters, boards and stumps to make bridges, a rain barrel with spigot, etc. Oh, and a gazebo with a bench swing that I sat and read on a bit while kids played, lol. 

Oh, and during my DDP Yoga class, DD came over to hold my hand during the final stretch/twist. She often does that. So sweet, but then watching a video of it, I realized she was actually listening to the positive affirmations and nodding along! https://www.facebook.com/710868665/videos/10158310287328666/

• Like 4

Did my 5K on the rower. I don't know if it's the allergy stuff we've discussed or what, but I don't seem to be building up that energy reservoir like usually happens once you start exercising again after a hiatus. Once I work out, I'm not up to getting much else done physically that day. It's frustrating, because I was hoping to get a lot of housework done today, and only did the dusting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

Oh, and during my DDP Yoga class, DD came over to hold my hand during the final stretch/twist. She often does that. So sweet, but then watching a video of it, I realized she was actually listening to the positive affirmations and nodding along! https://www.facebook.com/710868665/videos/10158310287328666/

So sweet (and neat--she's absorbing it!) 

• Like 1