Menu

Please help! What do you use to get...

... posters/wall charts to STICK to a wall, without getting tape goo all over it? Nothing we have used seems to work on these walls! I've tried "teacher's sticky tack" (like a putty), duct tape, masking tape, two-sided tape. The charts, even small ones, keep falling down. It's driving me nuts.

We can't put nails/tacks into this wall (it's plaster). Any ideas? What works for you? :bigear:

I have actually thought about putting up cork squares like this:

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p1__18549_Business_Supplies_10051_SEARCH

and then just tacking the posters to the wall, but then if I put the posters at eye level for my toddler twins, they might pull out the tacks, so... that's not going to work for now. Also, it's expensive (IMO) and the children would probably "pick" at it.

Hmmm..... What can I do to keep the charts up?

It's hard to get things to stay on walls during the winter because of the temperature changes, I suppose. I've found the Command poster stuff one of the best for lightweight material, but any of the Command stuff is expensive and cannot be reused.

I ordered and just received some stuff called Museum Putty that I hope will work. But it's on my desk at school--haven't had two seconds to even open the box yet. If it fits the bill, I'll post about it.

We've had good luck with the Elmer's poster wall goo stuff. I'm not sure what it's actually called, but it's either blue or yellow and a little greasy. You'd need to have a hard finish on the paint or it would stain it. Anyway, it holds our posters and charts up quite well, if we use enough of it.

Thanks, ladies! I'll look into the 3M Command products, as well as the Wacky Tack from Rainbow Resource. Staples definitely will not work in this wall, because the plaster just breaks off in chunks! Ask me how I know. :glare: Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I think the temperature changes are the culprit. Every morning now I come out to find either "The Continents" or "Beginning Blends" flat on the floor. :001_huh: We'll see what we can do to save phonics and the planet from falling repeatedly.