Menu

Covid Care pkg. ideas

fraidycat

Has this already been discussed?

We just found out a friend was diagnosed today and I am in charge of putting together a care pkg. from our friend group and setting it on their doorstep. The whole family will be in quarantine.

I'm open to all of your ideas.

So far, we're thinking a small flower bouquet, candy (for the kids), fruit, juice, maybe chicken soup.

Are there some Covid-specific must-haves that I should include?

• Like 2

When I did this, I asked the family for a shopping list and then went shopping and left stuff on their porch.  (They were doing online shopping -- but you don't always get what was requested. I filled in the holes)  Then I added a book and a few "boredom busters" on top of it. For a family maybe a game they could play together and a movie?

• Like 3

We had a couple different friends drop off a meal for us (soup, homemade bread, Super Bowl party snacks, ingredients to make Sundaes). They also brought us groceries. We had done grocery pick up right before our quarantine but there were a couple items we couldn’t get, so the friend got them for us. Also a few days later someone brought us milk, bread, bananas, eggs, just basic staples at our house. They just left them on the porch for us, it was really nice. 

• Like 3

We just went through this.  We live where there is no grocery delivery available and we happened to begin quarantine the day before I was going to do my two-week shopping trip.  Friends brought us tea, snacks, and supplements.  That was all great.  But the greatest thing someone did for us was grabbing a whole bunch of versatile groceries that they dropped off that day.  This took the immediate worry about cooking away.  Some of it was not stuff I'd normally buy but it was such a relief to have a few days to figure out a longer-term food solution.  She also ordered us a few meal kits.  They arrived several days later but were also super awesome.  It meant that someone besides me could prepare food if need be and I could focus on the other things we were dealing with.  I would have also been thrilled with ready-made meals but we are vegetarian and most of our friends are afraid to try to cook for us!  So, I say ready-made meals and/or groceries.  

• Like 4

Thank you! 

I ended up getting them orange juice, some different herbal tea flavors, fresh fruit (strawberries, apples, oranges) granola bars, chips, flowers, and a card that made her giggle.

We live on the same block, so I will be making some homemade soups and dropping that off this weekend and will grab any groceries they need throughout.

• Like 4