Menu

Recs for long/tall thicker t-shirts

Shelydon

I live a a warmer climate, so short sleeved t-shirts are worn year around.  I've lost weight, so I need to replace my size L t-shirts with M.  Yay.  I can't find any that are tall/long (I'm 5'10) and thicker, so they don't show bra bulge.  I've tried Target (too short), Old Navy (to loose in the waist, looks like maternity shirts) and Eddie Bauer (too thin).  Any other ideas?

Did you look at an Eddie Bauer store, or online?  They sell their t-shirts in a tall length online, but don’t regularly carry the tall sizes in the outlet near me. I’ve found their “favorite” t-shirts are usually thicker, but it’s been a while since I purchased any. 

Check Lands End and LL Bean too. 

You might also check out the Denim & Co t-shirts. They’re only sold on QVC and they’re a little pricey, but my mom loves them for all the reasons you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Forget-Me-Not said:

Did you look at an Eddie Bauer store, or online?  They sell their t-shirts in a tall length online, but don’t regularly carry the tall sizes in the outlet near me. I’ve found their “favorite” t-shirts are usually thicker, but it’s been a while since I purchased any. 

Check Lands End and LL Bean too. 

You might also check out the Denim & Co t-shirts. They’re only sold on QVC and they’re a little pricey, but my mom loves them for all the reasons you mentioned. 

The EB shirts are much thinner than in the past.  Lands End tall is too short, but I had not thought of LLB. Thanks!

I like the LL Bean & Lands End shirts too, but unless you get a tunic they are not for someone with a long torso.  I'm short waisted and 5'6" and they're perfect for me.  The Duluth ones are truly long.  I don't find Eddie Bauer to be as thick AND they're short for me. But do size down with Duluth, doubly so with pants. Don't just go by the measurements and assume the items will run a bit small.  Go a full size down compared to other brands.

Talbots t-shirts come down to the tops of my thighs, but they aren't as thick as Duluth.  They're midweight.  They do have a lot of tunics, but I haven't tried them.  Might be worth a shot if you prefer their colors.