Menu

“Emergency” fluffy book recommendation on Audio

Ginevra

8 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

The Lady Hardcastle murder mysteries (cozies set in early 1900s, iirc, British). 

Fannie Flagg (of Fried Green Tomatoes fame). I just read I Still Dream About You, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! Funny and cute. 

I think I’m going to go with the Fannie Flag one cause I can get it for free on Libby. Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

👍

Just a heads up, the main character is planning her own death, but it's still a lighthearted and humorous book. Not depressing at all! 😋

Yes I have started listening and am enjoying it, even with that seemingly grim subject. 

Interestingly, the story opened out on Nov 2 and the main character was just realizing she wouldn’t be here to find out the results of the election, which was a relief to her. 😂 How apropos !

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Get a David Sadaris book.  He does his own audio and is hysterical.  On one of them his sister, Amy Sedaris, does voice work with him.  It's funny.  I still think it's hysterical that he named his beach house The Sea Section.  I borrowed them digitally from the library.

Oh yes, he’s hilarious! I haven’t ever heard him on audio but I have read a couple books and stories by him. 

“The Sea Section”, lol, that’s awesome! 

The Poor Relation series by M. C. Beaton (Marion Chesney). First is Lady Fortescue Steps Out. Regency era, humorous romance. I've listened to these a couple times now on hoopla. Excellent narration by Davina Porter.

Edited by melbotoast
  • Like 1