Menu

X Country Skiing and Snowshoeing on the NE-please recommend a location to rent a place for 1 week this winter.

AngelaGT

We once stayed in Jackson, NH for a long weekend of XC skiing.  It was heavenly.  It was a while back now but they had long trail loops that took all day with places to stop for snacks and meals along the way.  I believe all of the grooming we saw was for classic skiing only, no skate.  If that matter to you, I'd check on that for sure.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t necessarily count on everywhere being open. The big resort in my state isn’t even taking reservations. I’m wondering if the local hills will be a better bet, since they don’t have the indoor amenities and crowds that might hinder public health protocol.

Eta: sorry, now I realize you are looking for XC. Well, anywhere with snow is good for that but lodging might be hard. If you are really looking to book a room now, I would at least know your reservation might fall through when conditions change. For that matter, if Covid hits hard this winter, you might not have lots of options for food, etc depending. I think I’d wait until more is known. There isn’t going to be a run on lodging this winter.

Edited by MEmama
  • Thanks 1