Menu

I need new bedding...

prairiewindmomma

We love, love, love the Threshold Performance Sheets at Target, the 400 thread count.  They are scrumptious feeling, well made, hold up extremely well, have elastic in the corners (midway) to fit even deep mattresses, have *labels* in the edges saying "top/bottom" or "side" so you know what direction the sheets go, have *terrible* labels indicating size (super hidden, fades away) so if you have many different sized beds in your house, especially similar like Full/Queen, I highly suggest either labeling some other way, or stick to color coding or something, so they don't get mixed up in the wash. We made a mistake and bought the same color in various sizes -- never doing that again. We would forever grab a full thinking it was queen. 

Hands down my favorite sheets ever. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

American Blossom is my provider of choice now..

Organic, 100% cotton, 100% grown and manufactured right here in this country.  Very deep elastic.  I have the ones made with Fox Fibre (Colorgrown) and they feel good and I feel good using them.

Would you call these kind of cool and crisp, but soft? I have the hardest time finding sheets that I don’t think are scratchy. Even ‘good’ 100% cotton sheets often feel scratchy to me when they don’t to other family members. 

13 hours ago, TheReader said:

Threshold Performance Sheets at Target, the 400 thread count. 

Ooo, maybe I can try these! I have stash of sheets, mostly organic from when walmart was in their carrying organic sheets stage. The pockets are NOT deep enough. 

I' with you on color. My sheets for my bed are all shades of white and I store them folded in a hamper in the master closet, flylady style. Sheets for each bed go in that room, so they're no confused. But guest sheets are tan, and the kids' sheets are unique (camo, etc).

12 hours ago, mmasc said:

Would you call these kind of cool and crisp, but soft? I have the hardest time finding sheets that I don’t think are scratchy. Even ‘good’ 100% cotton sheets often feel scratchy to me when they don’t to other family members. 

You might try a detergent aid and see if it helps. We use Charlie's Soap Booster and my dd says it makes a big difference. I can't feel it, but she can.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

Ooo, maybe I can try these! I have stash of sheets, mostly organic from when walmart was in their carrying organic sheets stage. The pockets are NOT deep enough. 

I' with you on color. My sheets for my bed are all shades of white and I store them folded in a hamper in the master closet, flylady style. Sheets for each bed go in that room, so they're no confused. But guest sheets are tan, and the kids' sheets are unique (camo, etc).

You might try a detergent aid and see if it helps. We use Charlie's Soap Booster and my dd says it makes a big difference. I can't feel it, but she can.

Thanks! I’ve never heard of this! I’ll give it a try—when I get brave enough to buy new sheets. I have one set that I love and fits my bed and are in great shape, but I’d like a second set. Of course they don’t make the ones I love anymore. 🙄

14 hours ago, mmasc said:

The threads are bigger than my former BBB sheets.  They are woven in plain weave, not damask.

I feel like they are soft but not quite as cool as the others.  I don’t iron sheets so neither one is crisp to me.

• Thanks 1

I bought our last round of sheets at Costco.  They're soft and have lasted quite a while.  I don't 'think' they're a blend.  They're just normal, soft sheets; no jersey or satin or anything weird.  I once bought everyone flannel sheets for the winter and got accused of trying to roast everyone to death.  I thought they were fabulous, but nobody here is adventurous with sheets.