Menu

Biblioplan for Catholics

LauraBeth475

Generally speaking, I wouldn't trust a history curriculum from Protestant sources, especially for the Middle Ages. Even SWB has a few chapters I find objectionable in SOTW, and those books aren't specifically marketed as "Christian." For the sake of additional distraction, have you looked at RC History?

I agree with pp. I haven't tried Biblioplan, and wouldn't for the reasons mentioned. Adding more fuel to the fire, have you listened to TAN Books Story of Civilization? I know there is an activity guide to go with it, which might have book suggestions in it. We just listen to the audio and I search for random related library books. But, our oldest is only about to turn 10, so it's working for now. 

When we finish SOC, we will move him to RC history.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knitgrl said:

Generally speaking, I wouldn't trust a history curriculum from Protestant sources, especially for the Middle Ages. Even SWB has a few chapters I find objectionable in SOTW, and those books aren't specifically marketed as "Christian." For the sake of additional distraction, have you looked at RC History?

I get distracted by RC History regularly, but the lack of world history after the Age of Exploration is kind of a deal breaker this year

8 hours ago, barnwife said:

I agree with pp. I haven't tried Biblioplan, and wouldn't for the reasons mentioned. Adding more fuel to the fire, have you listened to TAN Books Story of Civilization? I know there is an activity guide to go with it, which might have book suggestions in it. We just listen to the audio and I search for random related library books. But, our oldest is only about to turn 10, so it's working for now. 

I love the Story of Civilization audiobooks.  The Teacher’s Guide I’ve seen has discussion questions and projects and there’s a test book, but no extra history reading or literature.

If I go with Biblioplan, SoC will definitely be added in

On 7/17/2020 at 9:36 AM, barnwife said:

On 7/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, Syllieann said:

Definitely take a look at the Story of Civilization series from Tan.  We use it with lots of living books that are suggested in RC History.

20 hours ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I love the Story of Civilization audiobooks.  The Teacher’s Guide I’ve seen has discussion questions and projects and there’s a test book, but no extra history reading or literature.

If I go with Biblioplan, SoC will definitely be added in

Yeah, I'd do Story of Civilization and add in literature. 

• Like 1

If you check out the facebook group for Story of Civilization, there are lists of picture books and chapter books to go with each level in the files section.

The group is TAN's the story of Civilization Homeschoolers.

Edited by keirin
  • Like 1