Menu

Home Laminating--Worth it? Recommendations?

I have a laminator from Aldi that is great. They have them at least once per year, and they have really inexpensive pockets at the same time. My laminator is printer paper size, but I think they have started selling one that does larger paper as well. 

Very well worth the money I spent. 

• Like 1

I have one and love it. It was more useful when DD was younger for homeschool, but I use it a lot now for teaching piano and tutoring. 

I bought an Aldi cheapie too. It's paper size, so good for flashcards and bulletin board items, calendars, etc. I still have to take my poster size stuff to Mardel or Rainbow Resource. But at Rainbow Resource, I have access to the machines myself,vso I can arrange it. Mardel is cheaper by foot and they do it behind the counter. I laminate a lot of larger posters and maps. 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, OKBud said:

You can GO to rr??

No, I legitimately mix up words when I talk( and type apparantly,) and don't even realize it. I clearly am thinking one thing, but another word comes out. It's great when I do it with people's names. 😞 I'm sorry. I meant to say Lakeshore Learning Stores. It's a real problem I deal with here. Sorry. 

Edited by 2_girls_mommy

For whatever reason, one of the first things I bought when we started homeschooling was a laminator, and I used it regularly for several years.  If your kids are young, and you anticipate homeschooling for a good long while, it will probably be a good investment.  It's certainly convenient to be able to laminate things at home.

I got a Xyron when I was scrapbooking 2000 years ago 😃 so I could make stickers out of things and you can also put in a laminating cartridge in it. It's not a heat lamination, so possibly not as strong, but it has worked. I also use it for recipe cards. If I hadn't started out with it, I would have bought a laminator as the others did.

I am seriously jealous of Plum's pretty spiral bound stuff! I have to go to Office Max to get that done.  😃 

Edited by cintinative

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm so glad to hear the Aldi laminator works. I've debated on buying one every year for like 3 years now. Maybe I'll actually do it this year. The Pro Click is something I've only recently heard of and really really want one. Those two items could very well be my extras (anything beyond actual curriculum) for our homeschool this year.

I've had my Aldi one for years. I don't give it heavy use, but it's holding on whenever I need it.