Menu

Wanna help me shop for...um...

Chris in VA

Would you consider wearing a supportive bra under the diaphanous garment? That would give you a lot more options. I think it would be easier to find a beautiful bra and a lovely diaphanous thing separately that would end up fitting better and be more comfortable.

In general, I really like Freya and Fantasie. These are European brands, and they exist in just about every size (depending on style) from teeny to something like 44K. They are expensive, no doubt about it, but oh boy are they nice. They also make swim suits on band and cup size. I have some, and they are fantastic. In the US, I think Nordstrom sells them as well as some online retailers, but I don't think they sell directly from their own websites. I am not going to link anything here directly, but you can Google if you like. I would get a lovely bra and then a fairly inexpensive night garment from elsewhere, perhaps Amazon.

Edited by RosemaryAndThyme
  • Like 2

If you want cheap options, I've bought some fairly nice, plus-sized night wear on Amazon. I like the idea mentioned above, supportive yet attractive bra+diaphanous robe-y garment.

Just be forewarned, if you order something cheap from overseas, you may have to sign for it upon delivery. And when your postman shows you the teensy envelope to sign for, and you say "but what is it??!" he'll read the import duties note that says "sexy pajamas."  And that'll be awkward. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

If you want cheap options, I've bought some fairly nice, plus-sized night wear on Amazon. I like the idea mentioned above, supportive yet attractive bra+diaphanous robe-y garment.

Just be forewarned, if you order something cheap from overseas, you may have to sign for it upon delivery. And when your postman shows you the teensy envelope to sign for, and you say "but what is it??!" he'll read the import duties note that says "sexy pajamas."  And that'll be awkward. 

Not to mention that sometimes even if you order a size XXXXXL, you might pull the “sexy pajamas” out of the package and hold up a diaphanous nighty that would perfectly fit a doll baby.  True story, that.  So when ordering from Amazon, read the reviews on sizing info.  

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Not to mention that sometimes even if you order a size XXXXXL, you might pull the “sexy pajamas” out of the package and hold up a diaphanous nighty that would perfectly fit a doll baby.  True story, that.  So when ordering from Amazon, read the reviews on sizing info.  

Yes.  For reference, when I lived in China I had to buy clothes in XL or sometimes XXL.  I'm a US size 8.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Yes.  For reference, when I lived in China I had to buy clothes in XL or sometimes XXL.  I'm a US size 8.

This is why my elf-sized dd loves to order clothes from Asia! They also tend to not be miles too long. 

• Like 2