Menu

Covid-19 Heroes and Good Deeds

TCB

I thought it might be encouraging and uplifting to note some of the people who are stepping up during this time and doing wonderful things!

I want to start with Derek Owens. He is always fantastic and so helpful, but I received an email today saying he is giving a 50% discount on the April monthly payment for his classes to try and help all the kids carry on with their classes!

I’d love to hear the wonderful things others are doing! 

• Like 6

Well, he's not a household name throughout America, or even in the homeschool world, but tonight my brother (who lives over an hour away) pulled into my driveway with a 25 pound bag of flour for us. 🙂 

He didn't want any payment.  He just wanted to help. 

Hero in my book. 🙂

• Like 9

A random guy at the hardware store helped me install a makeshift barre in the brick wall so that ds could dance in the basement.

Some of the stories that are supposed to make you feel good have made me angry. Like, people who are making masks for healthcare workers. Awesome. They are heroes. But then I just get angry about the failings of the system that led to there not being masks in the first place and the continued lack of direction that is preventing larger numbers from being bought.

• Like 8

My ds who works at Target.  He makes it his mission for each shift to find that guest that really needs the help.  The guest who was trampled on as others rushed in the door that morning to grab up all the paper and cleaning products - usually the elderly man or woman who becomes overwhelmed by the whole experience.  They don't have someone to shop for them but had to come anyways.  He finds that last package of TP, paper towels, eggs, etc.  He gets them checked out quickly and back to their cars.  Every shift he touches somebody's life in a positive way.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 1shortmomto4 said:

My ds who works at Target.  He makes it his mission for each shift to find that guest that really needs the help.  The guest who was trampled on as others rushed in the door that morning to grab up all the paper and cleaning products - usually the elderly man or woman who becomes overwhelmed by the whole experience.  They don't have someone to shop for them but had to come anyways.  He finds that last package of TP, paper towels, eggs, etc.  He gets them checked out quickly and back to their cars.  Every shift he touches somebody's life in a positive way.

Love this! Well done your ds!

A real silver lining with this whole corona virus thing is seeing the wonderful kindness and wonderful ingenuity of people! A time for people to be seen at their best (and unfortunately their worst) but I’m so enjoying seeing their best! Moves me to tears!

I’m LOVING reading your stories!

Edited by TCB
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 1shortmomto4 said:

AWWWW.   You raised a good one.   Tell him we think he is so awesome for doing that!!!

• Like 2

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-spain-refugees-idUKKBN21M0FG?taid=5e8887499a7fcd0001c4b160&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

a resort in Spain that no longer has tourists has opened its doors to refugees.  The staff who have been laid off temporarily are coming in voluntarily to help look after them.

• Like 5

On 4/4/2020 at 8:45 AM, Ausmumof3 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-spain-refugees-idUKKBN21M0FG?taid=5e8887499a7fcd0001c4b160&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

a resort in Spain that no longer has tourists has opened its doors to refugees.  The staff who have been laid off temporarily are coming in voluntarily to help look after them.

Wow that is really good of them! All these things really do restore your faith in human nature.

Edited by TCB