Menu

Dr. Fauci nerd crush

KungFuPanda

35 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

@Seasider too I'm just talking in general.  From about the NIH conference up to yesterday? He wasn't there today so I missed him (because he's my boyfriend now) and hope he just has a well-deserved day off.  

I just heard him say he had important things to do at the NHI which is his normal day job. And he will be at press conference tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 6:10 PM, KungFuPanda said:

He's working SO hard to calmly explain everything in the simplest possible terms.

Did you know that the poor man is getting death threats these days? He is receiving "enhanced" security detail because of it. He says that "You know, it's my job. This is the life I've chosen, and I'm doing it. I mean, obviously there's a lot of pressure. I would be foolish to deny that... It's a job to do, and we've just got to do it." His wife says that he works 20 hours a day. I am so impressed by him, all the more so when I found out how old he was.

They put him on donuts at one donut shop. Apparently there's a wide array of Dr. Fauci fan art now.

It makes me furious that he's had to beef up security. I don't really have a nerd crush on him, but I get why some people do. He has done a pretty good job from what I can tell.

• Like 3